need help on bass!!

who's duff mckagann? chuggchugg as in like...uh...in metal? i dunno how to put sounds into words...

Chug Chug??? I suspect you are talking about tones you hear on the nu metal dudes??

Well, the bass is the key thing here........ if your bass got balls and bite it becomes very easy to get that.

Of cos, here I will expound the beauties and punch of the bass such as Gibson Thunderbirds.... heh heh ( No word from ya Rotten Ramone on this)

Otherwise, tweaking what you have through a punchy bass di such as Sansamp bass driver. Bass EQ might also help the shaping of the tone and attack ya want.

Lastly, you got to play it that way to get that sound, dig hard.

i onry rike songs that go bippity boppity pip pip poot poot thwackity thwack twack

gibson thunderbird no give bippity boppity pip pip poot poot thwackity thwack twack sound.

gibson thunderbird go DARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDARDAR

so is anyone gonna tell me how to achieve that sound? like wad knobs to turn? or anything needed?

increase bass, lower mids, increase highs.. not too much.

u might want a compressor pedal or overdrive for fun.

oh. duff mckagan is the infamous bassist who played the bass solo of sweet child of mine.

so u know who he is now?

back with more questions! my newly acquired J&D JD S4B has chrome tuning knobs and volume and tone knobs and i'm not sure whether the bridge is made of chrome too... my mom says that chrome can "oxidize" or rust. is it safe to use WD-40 to clean the chrome hardware? or should i go and get myself some Dunlop 65???

Chrome does have a tendency to oxidise, if you don't use it often. Just make sure that you wipe down the metal parts often enough, so that grime doesn't get the chance to built up on certain spots of the chrome. Over time, the moisture in the air and dirt in the grime may react with the chrome and cause it to pit.

Don't don't have to wipe it till it's showroom condition, just have to make sure that it's not too dirty. I would advise against using compounds like WD40 or metal polishes, as chrome is only a thin layer. You wouldn't want to strip it.

Nickel, on the other hand, won't pit that badly, but it tarnishes very quickly, but that's another ball game altogether.

i'd always love the looks of beat-up basses .. proves that it has been used and tested and it's still standing .. chester .. *hint hint* .. hahhaha

i think painted basses like p, j and tbirds look good worn.
i don't think a worn f bass would look too sexy.

F basses...imaculate...and should probably stay that way!

Oh yeah Tim, thanks for the DI, works damn well as it should :)

Back