need help on bass!!

my bass is new man...the frets are straight and shiny (cos i juz polished last week) neck smooth and straight... and wad u mean my action too slow and lastly, how much would a set-up cost? btw, how can i tell whether it is active or passive? cos there's an extra hatch-thingy at the back when compared 2 other basses that looks like i could fit a 9V battery in there... thanx for info :p :p

action refers to the hieght of the strings. or u could be plucking too hard.. like me.

either raise ur action or pluck less, after all, you should let the power of the bass amp do some work for u.

and lastly, as long there's a battery in ur bass, it's active.,

this is quite unrelated but im posting here since i dont want to make a new thread.

anyway, im thinking about getting the ibanez artcore AGB140 bass i saw on the swee lee website. i havent got the chance to try it out, but has anyone tried it out? i think it looks damn sweet but i dont want to blow my money on something that just looks sweet. recommended?

anyone knows where i can get nicer or cheaper 4 string basses with the f-space hole?

dude said:
this is quite unrelated but im posting here since i dont want to make a new thread.

anyway, im thinking about getting the ibanez artcore AGB140 bass i saw on the swee lee website. i havent got the chance to try it out, but has anyone tried it out? i think it looks damn sweet but i dont want to blow my money on something that just looks sweet. recommended?

anyone knows where i can get nicer or cheaper 4 string basses with the f-space hole?

okay dude ... maybe i'll post a question back to you, why do you wanna get a bass with a F shape hole besides the fact that it looks cool?

If you want to go for an acoustic sound maybe you want to consider getting a double bass? ...

i'm not sure but if it were me i'd go for a double bass to get that acoustic sound ...

back to how the bass sounds, i've never really tried it, honestly but knowing ibanez's quality i believe it won't be that bad ...

OR u could buy that Cort acoustic bass at swee lee. i saw a couple at the sale on the 29th... :D

Cort basses are nice ... but sale over already lah .. have to wait till end of this year .. or if they have a crazy mid-year 50% sale then it'll be cool ...

juz wonderin, u guys wit active basses out there, do you have to unscrew a hatch to chuck ur battery in? bcos i scared to touch that thing, skarly do something wrong..... :( someone halp me!

i'm not gonna shave off precious swamp ash off my warwick for a stupid batt hole..

but i want active!!

*whines*

you were there?? haha. thank you! where were u standing? that was a great gig la. glad u all let us stay on stage to do sweet child. haha. come for our next one k?

i'm so gonna save hard for my aguilars and bartolinis.. argh..

dudes ...

just get a preamp into your guitar cavity and it'll be alright. Most of the time your battery lasts super long ... unless you are a heavy user then it's a different story but then it'll still last really long. So don't worry too much about changing often.

My Warmoth battery has lasted me for quite a while ... haven't had to change it ever since 2 months ago ... not counting the fact that mine was a second-hand so i'm not sure whether the previous owner changed it before he sold it to me.

wangdexian said:
Haha yeah, I was standing right at the front, your lead singer's mike swinging antics almost hit me. :lol:

haha. yea. cool aint he? 3rd place stage damn small la..

Back