Music in Singapore?? Are you sure?

oh yes... just to announce... this i was very naughty..

was using my frens account with his knowledge.. so

all post by kevinlimse is actually by me... haha... sorry... :supz:

hmm...

actually...there is a band forum out there. ( concert band,wind band etc. ). just not very popular thats all.

i was jux pondering...why not create a soft friendster account? coz friendster has a huge network...people are bound to add...

difficulty is ... the max friends limit...haha :lol:

kevinlimse, appreciate your enthusiasm. for a start, maybe you can initiate some post in the forum pertaining to the topic you feel will benefit/attract users.

as always, i welcome SOFTies with expert knowledge to share their know-how with us. i know this is time consuming and tremendous effort required but this is the only way that we as a community can progress. :wink:

haha wow, interesting discussion here :D

i'm studying in lasalle SIA and we're a huge mix of all genres including WORLD music and i'm doing abit of gamelan music (pronounced ga-me-la-n, not game-lan or anything else) and although ROCK (btw NOT punk rock, by rock i mean heavy rock, soft rock, rock/metal, like paul gilbert stuff, dream theater, racer x, alter bridge, creed, pop rock too) may be the dominant genre among the musicians, there's a load of classical, world, other non-mainstream musicians around! know what the best thing is? when you FUSE together all these genres, a funk bassist, jazz pianist, rock drummer, pop vocalist, congos and bongos and all those percussions, etc etc, the music u get is just wonderful.

Joel (aka kevin previously, haha), i myself was in an acapella group, i love big band music, symphony bands (like those your secondary school band performs), world music (u can make a whole song with 5 people on different percussions and it will sound great!) and classical (altho not the hardcore classical stuff, those in certain "era"s and neoclassical stuff are just so great), and yet i can relate to softies well bcuz rock/metal/pop are common genres among people!

even a forum that says, "where all the singaporean techies gather", maybe only the computer geeks will be there, talking about which processor and graphics card is better, while all the GUITAR techies (hey they know their electronics AS WELL AS guitar stuff) will stick to soft.com! so not everything that's written as a slogan/advert should be taken word for word. and, can u imagine if the soft slogan said It's ROCK in Singapore! wouldn't the metal people and the progressive and pop and all the other genre's be feeling very "unrecognised"?

music in Singapore is growing, maybe at a slow rate but its growing, give it time. meanwhile, enjoy what we have, cuz local music is better than u think it is ;)

soft said:
kevinlimse, appreciate your enthusiasm. for a start, maybe you can initiate some post in the forum pertaining to the topic you feel will benefit/attract users.

as always, i welcome SOFTies with expert knowledge to share their know-how with us. i know this is time consuming and tremendous effort required but this is the only way that we as a community can progress. :wink:

i think you've done the biggest part in the soft community by starting it :D and i think its nice to be able to share our know-hows, no matter how "nooby", so that we all can learn more!

3 cheers for James!

kevinlimse said:
ooh.... strong replies... o_0

so easy... to set up... i would have done so a long time ago....

since you know its not easy then why bitch so much about not having one? there's no such thing as a free lunch in this world, you want something you do DIY. :wink:

having a section for classical piano would be good for a start since a lot of us here grew up with classical piano backgrounds and then moved on to other instruments..

Back