Multi-Efx or Single pedals?

neuro182

Hi ya'll,

I'm jus wondering whats the difference between using Multi-Efx processor & single pedals altogether (besides e fact dat Multi-Efx gives u a range of Efx to choose frm)?

I heard from people that single pedals sounds more digital & clearer than the Multi-Efx. Is it true or ??? Please advise me.

Regards...

neuro182 said:
I heard from people that single pedals sounds more digital & clearer than the Multi-Efx. Is it true or ??? Please advise me.
Regards...

nope. MultiFX are usually digital, so they sound more digital. Single pedals - depends, can be analog or digital circuits.

The problem with digital circuits imo is not so much of the discrete signals as compared to analog circuits (imo the technology at 24bit is more than sufficient to warrant this much less of a problem). Usually it's the problem with 1) fitting analog and digital pedals together, and 2) some digital pedals cannot cut through the mix in a band because of the modelling of the sound.

of course, most of the time, single pedals cost more than 1 multifx with all the effects.

i stand by single effect units, because of the way they sound. imho, the difference in sound is really subjective, and
some digital pedals cannot cut through the mix in a band because of the modelling of the sound.

i do agree with thor there. sometimes, it just blends in, too much because of the sounds. however, value for money wise, a multi effect is better off. Lower end stuff that's decent ranges between $100-300? that's dirt cheap compared to getting a flanger, delay, distortion, overdrive, wah wah and chorus?

yupz..but if you've got the cash, and want to go for 'all in one', check out the POD xt Live...damn cool.

I quit using multieffects 'cos they made me spend too much time twiddling and tweaking. When i realised how much time i was spending fumbling with all those little knobs i kinda forced myself to just stick to one preset. Then someone offered to buy the multi-effect pdal off me, so it went.

While multieffects sometimes sound plain disastrous, the same goes for lots of single effect pedals. Still, it's all subjective... as long as you like what you hear, i guess.

Oh I See

If supposed, i were to buy single pedals & i haf lyk 4-5 of them, do dey sell board/rack which haf adapters attached to it, so i can save up abit on buying separate adapters of each efx?

Pls advise me :)

neuro182 said:
If supposed, i were to buy single pedals & i haf lyk 4-5 of them, do dey sell board/rack which haf adapters attached to it, so i can save up abit on buying separate adapters of each efx?

sweelee should stock some of those, but pay attention to the pedal ur using, although most pedals use a 9v adaptor, DOD pedals(e only 1 i noe of) use 10V instead

hellmurderer said:
Hmmm... Sorry but what does efx means? :oops: :oops: :oops:

pronounce "E" , den "fX", should sound sumthing lyk Effects, :lol:

Lolx

Yupsie.. Effects = Efx.. pardon me.. im widely exposed to short form & internet language, thus, i may get a lil lazy :)

Re: Oh I See

neuro182 said:

yes. the warwick pedalboard is one example... the have a single adaptor and 3 outputs on the board... so u plug ur adaptor to the pedalboard and then u wire ur pedals on the outputs of the pedalbards.

there's also something called a daisy chain. I got mine off Wee Lee studio; u can get from MrMisse (well, if u want u can get both the 1spot adaptor and the daisy chain.)

check the voltage and amperes of each pedal + the adaptor. 9V goes with 9Vadaptor; usually the higher the ampere, the more pedals u can power up.

Oh... Lol... I get it now.... So, what do you guys recommand to buy for a beginner?

What type of multi effects is good and how much does one cost...?

Single pedals

I wld recommend a single pedal bec its easier to manouver & also u get e sound u wan.

Boss GT-6 & GT-8 r among top selection + PODXT Live.. I'm currently thriving on a Zoom GFX-5, which imho, is quite hard to manouver.

Well in my opinion single effects are better...Jus think of it this way...the single pedals are decicated only to ONE sound whereas the multi is for MANY sounds...so the quality may not be that good...I for one do not like the distortion sounds of a multi...sounds too "digital"....But then again buyin a multi is good if u are starting out cos u do not know what sounds or style u be playin so its good for experimenting and then later get the single pedals for the sound that u want....
8)

Heyy..How many Effects are you powering? I'm Selling off this IBANEZ DC CORD DC3 splitter cords for powering 3 pedals with one adapter.

It's just the splitter cable. Not the adapter. If you're interested can pm me. Im letting if off cheap.It's still with box and everyting. I don't use it anymore. :)

so what are the essential single pedals that one should have? how do we know if its digital or analog?

Latest posts

Back