malmsteen has finally run out of ideas

satch

right, i jst picked up unleash the fury yesterday.

upon loading the cd and playing it...... the first few songs immeditely made me think songs from attack. and the early albums. he was basically recycling riffs, and the 6th song had the riff from barouqe and roll.

hmm. nt that im dissapointed or anything, cos i still adore him and his playin..... bt i jst feel, malmsteen has finally reached breaking point.

listening to unleash the fury has really made the experience feel like a malmsteen remixed album...

Malmsteen is Malmsteen.. One of the greatest ever...

But have u seen how slim he looks rite now??!!

UTF_dimarzio_lg.jpg

Looks like its 1986 all over again!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

lif, im nt complaining.... im jst saying... he ran out of ideas liao.

if u read properly, i said, i still love him alot...

and yea, he lost, 50 pounds.

he ran out of ideas 5 - 10 years ago LOL.. he plays that way because he's yngwie. no one complained about mr vai using shitload of same whammy and lydian crap.. so why should yngwie be targetted?.. likewise joe stump? marty friedman? theyre playing what theyre playing from then till now.. because its them.

I think we all should thank him for revolutionising the guitar world at a time where guitar playing was stagnant with the same old techniques and the usual finger tapping.People were just sick and tired of the same old stuff they hear from these guitarist....

Until our dear Malmsteen blasted into the scene.... :)

I thought Malmsteen ran out of ideas at least 15 years ago. I disagree with Dhalif when he says that other guitarists have not progressed. I guess you have to listen harder.

i dont think he has ran out of ideas...
he merely want to reinvent himself...like wat he did in 1984..

I feel that there are lot of guitarist that embrace neo-classical coz of him.Anyway he is still a legend...

but my Fav now is Micheal Romeo...not coz of his speed but his choice of notes...tone wise i prefer gd ol Malmsteen(Oddessey album)

michael romeo is AWESOME man.. to boot the band further up - pinella and russell allen.. killer combo.. tsk.

all those we mentioned are legends la...just that some have become more repetitive over the years.
Just pick out what you think is good from all these musicians and discard the rest.

all those we mentioned are legends la...just that some have become more repetitive over the years.
Just pick out what you think is good from all these musicians and discard the rest.

Back