List me som cabs for a head

hahaha.. thor.. u shud know all my stuff comes from malaysia.. are u gonna come all the way for a tube amp??? might as well look at ur side.. hassle free and cheaper... after u less all the transport cost etc

I ll be on a look out for it.. maybe i ll try it when i m free.. how much does the hotplate cost??

Coz i liked the numetal tone in my ad30vt which i suspect is modelled after a marshall .. i ve read it somewhere in some site... i might got it mixed up i dunno...

If it sounds better than tht valvetronix i would consider taking it

part_time_idiot said:
hahaha.. thor.. u shud know all my stuff comes from malaysia.. are u gonna come all the way for a tube amp??? might as well look at ur side.. hassle free and cheaper... after u less all the transport cost etc

I ll be on a look out for it.. maybe i ll try it when i m free.. how much does the hotplate cost??

Coz i liked the numetal tone in my ad30vt which i suspect is modelled after a marshall .. i ve read it somewhere in some site... i might got it mixed up i dunno...

If it sounds better than tht valvetronix i would consider taking it

yes. all the way. i'm even toying with the notion of buying a 18W from Ceriatone in Malaysia. Go figure. :wink:

there's one guy selling the hotplate 2nd hand for $350SGD. more expensive than the JTM. :lol:

i don't think the numetal tone is modelled after a marshall....

serious?? then can u tell me which of those are modelled after marshall..

personally i do like the crunch in the nu-metal... with the "right" setting of coz.. other i m not sure.. as i haven experiment or spend time tweaking them...

My setting doesnt neccessary means tht its a good one.. its just tht i like it coz the gain is crunchy yet still sounds clean... probably its the std strat ...

Btw if i were to gig with the combo is there any output for an extension cab??

Wah thor u damn hardcore wei... u wanna get an 18watt here??? but it should be expensive rite? considering the handling and delivery charge... how much is the delivery cost to spore??

Dude... if you get a cab... and you want bed room volumes.. id suggest 1x12 ...

if you get 2x12... its well ... two speakers projecting instead of one...

which is louder?? no idea how sound works...

From the ADT15/30/50100VT manual:

"NUMETAL
This model is based on the “Modern High Gain” channel of a brutal, 100 Watt,
armour-plated beast. Its deep, loose low-end, some-what “fizzy” top and Monsterlike
gain has made this amp a mainstay for many modern, metal acts who either
tune their guitars down low, or wield 7 -string axes.

At low GAIN settings, RECTO produces a distinctive, bright clean sound bolstered
by some rich, upper harmonics that add fullness and dimension. But, if you play
slamming, “nu-metal” that’s tuned low, then RECTO could well be the only way to go!

Original’s tube compliment: 5 x 12AX7s in preamp, 2 x 5U4G rectifier tubes, 4
x 6L6s in power amp."

I believe the UK70 is modelled after the Marshall Plexi, the UK80 after a JCM800, UK90s - I'm not too sure. You can guess based on the hints given by the manual. (it's on the vox website. you can download one.)

Btw if i were to gig with the combo is there any output for an extension cab??

Depends on each amp, yea? From what I understand, some combos are "hardwired" - you can't separate the speaker from the electronics.

Wah thor u damn hardcore wei... u wanna get an 18watt here??? but it should be expensive rite? considering the handling and delivery charge... how much is the delivery cost to spore??

Thinking. It IS very expensive. the head chassis alone is ok, the head enclosure and cabinet is killer.

Singapore is very close to Malaysia though, shipping isn't THAT expensive.

I'm considering other options because I reckon a completely awesome 18w head with a good speaker can run up to $2k SGD. I don't have that kind of money. Looking at other brands and trying out other amps meanwhile.

Thor: anything for tone eh???

I dun have a particular tone tht i m dying for, .. but i like the way the numetal sounds now... clean and abit of fuzz type ... not pure distortion... so it sounds abit dirty... the name metal really did injustice to the model...

sounds very clean... and its proven from the manual u post just now... i got the manual with me but never pay attention... haha.. and u ask me to pick up the hints?? i ll have no idea.. as i dun do very deep research on every single vintage amp.. normally on amps tht is available and use it to compare within various amps...

oh thor.. i found tht the second hand is a JTM 30 marshall valvestate combo... can u tell me abit of info if u know any?

BTW CHANMIN: erm.. i m thinking of cab coz sometimes u know... ur amp is abit small and u need a cab for certain venue so tht its loud enough... if i m not using a head.. i wont need the cab until it reach a stage where i have to play at loud places..

erm.. as for headroom practice.. since the jcm 800 is not available anymore.. i wont need a cab for now...

part_time_idiot said:
sounds very clean... and its proven from the manual u post just now... i got the manual with me but never pay attention... haha.. and u ask me to pick up the hints?? i ll have no idea.. as i dun do very deep research on every single vintage amp.. normally on amps tht is available and use it to compare within various amps...

You got to work and do ur own research to get a good amp for your tastes. Go figure.

oh thor.. i found tht the second hand is a JTM 30 marshall valvestate combo... can u tell me abit of info if u know any?

A JTM isn't a Valvestate. A valvestate is strictly not a fulltube amp.

BTW CHANMIN: erm.. i m thinking of cab coz sometimes u know... ur amp is abit small and u need a cab for certain venue so tht its loud enough... if i m not using a head.. i wont need the cab until it reach a stage where i have to play at loud places..

You can mike the amp up.

ok. time for my 8 hrs of sleep lah. amp gassing got to stop somewhere.

Back