is an epiphone les paul worth the money?

if you value what it has to offer, it's worth every cent. in fact we should value a guitar with regards to this consideration, rather than it being the affordable offering to another more renowned brand/ model...

Most definitely it is.

I had an Epiphone Les Paul Standard that I held on to as my main guitar for about 5 years. That guitar was bloody good, alas i had to let it go for space to get another axe last year.

Frankly, most people aren't going to appreciate the differences between an Epiphone and Gibson unless they are quite experienced handling and playing a wde variety of guitars, and understand tone, what goes into it and how the various parts affect it.

If you're a beginner/intermediate and want a LP style guitar, the Epiphone is very hard to beat for its price range.

I use an epiphone gold top standard, the one with humbuckers not p90s. the pickup switch became loose, got it replaced for like $20 And i heard the colour of the finish will fade away, become duller(mine hasnt).

But i love my epiphone les paul. it will prolly be the only guitar i play for the next 10 year.. maybe forever.

epiphone LP is my 1st guitar..I LIKE..
although i own an ibanez SZ quite recently, im still using epiphone LP more than SZ..
epiphone is good but check the electronics thoroughly b4 buying one..plug guitar, turn the knobs & switch..make sure there are no popping/clicking sound/noise..then bring the guitar near to the amp and listen for feedback to check the pickups...poor humbuckers are prone to unwanted noise..
when i bought mine, there was loud popping noise when i turn one of the knobs..luckily my bro repaired it for me..

Get those lps with chrome tuners or something.

The silver ones.

Tend to NOT go out of tune, lps with those glow in dark like guitar tuners, green ones. tend to go out of tune easier, like compared 2 3 yrs down the road lo.

i think so. heard feed backs from alot of my friends. i owned a lp studio before. not so bad, just that sound quite bad, change the pickups!

those green tuners can glow in the dark?? mine doesnt.
i brought my les paul so close to the amp to create feedback for this particular song, but there wasnt any feedback.

i use a made in korea les paul. not so sure how the made in china ones(the ones in sweelee) fare

i bought my epiphone les paul bob marley signature edition last december. it's got a good "fat" sound ..i like.. :D

and the high treble sounds it gives..nice for reggae checks/latin riffs...

one of my first few guitars was an epiphone lp... it rawked man... with its "gibson designed" pickups..
the tuning of the lespaul is known to be unstable... just upgrade the pickups , tuners and you are set ...

Even Noel Gallagher uses an Epiphone man~

So I guess its worth the buck...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Noel Gallagher..he's d man..i love him ever since i listened to morning glory..i have all his albums, videos and singles..any oasis fan here?

i have the familiar to millions dvd and i must say his tone in dis dvd is reali reali reali nice compared to previous live videos..and not forgetting his simple singing solos..

cant wait for his new album release 'Don't Believe The Truth' on 30th May

ChanMin said:
one of my first few guitars was an epiphone lp... it rawked man... with its "gibson designed" pickups..
the tuning of the lespaul is known to be unstable... just upgrade the pickups , tuners and you are set ...

wad type of pickup will u recommend?

ChanMin said:

oso wad do u mean the tuning of lp is known to be unstable?

meaning the lespaul is really not an axe known to stay in tune after aggresive playing. i knew someone who put on PRS locking tuners and the guitar stayed in tune perfectly.. must put pencil lead on the nut slots too..

for a epiphone lp... you cant go wrong with EMGs / seymour duncans / dimarzios / tom anderson pickups... just need to select according to taste.

planet waves locking tuners oso damn gd. prs tuners a little pricey. but since i haf them on my guitar i aint complaining. hehe.

how would SD59 SD JB combo sound on an epiphone? What kind of artiste would i sound close to by doing that? and er....is it versatile enough?

please help out.

Latest posts

Back