intro: shokakukai

shokakukai

heyyy softies!

so how do i start? im a 15 year old guy from the philippines, moved here in sg to study in 2000 haha. i play the guitar, bass, drums, a bit of piano and vocals(and i think i really suck at it hahaha). i am self-taught in all those. i find it fun trying to figure out stuff on my own, at my own pace and at any time i want, though sometimes i need some guidance whenever i'm having problems or doing the wrong techinque.

currently, i have a squier obey telecaster with 5 way selector, killswitch and seymour duncan distortion pup on the bridge. really wicked clean and dirty sounds. i'm still considering whether i should mod it or not with a whammy. i dont really have the money to buy stomboxes, so i'm sticking with a zoom g2.1u multi-fx.
i have a roland hd-1 electric drums. haha nothing much, i mess around with it and stuff.
used to have an sx bass, but i sold it away coz i didnt like the set up(really high action, and i mean highhh) and i'm not comfortable with it.

started playing guitar 2 years ago, and my passion for music grew ever since. hahaha, currently im thinking of picking up the violin, saxophone and double bass. but money and time restricts :/

im a muse freak. and a day is never complete without hearing at least one song from them, hahaha. i am also into savatage, kataklysm, radiohead and switchfoot. and maybe you guys could intro to me some kewl alt rock, heavy, prog and death metal and maybe some blues too. hahaha

my heroes are matt bellamy, buckethead, tom morello, flea and chris wolstenholme!

currently in a band called Last Call for Salvation. nothing much, just a bunch of school mates jamming for fun. but now i'm forming another band, and we're in need of a drummer and a bassist. haha

wowww this is long. thanks for taking the time to read haha. hope i have a real good time here eh. haha

welcome to soft, cool heroes :O
i'm 15 too!
*wonders about the sudden influx of 15 year old softies*
just curious, where do you study?

Back