Intro: satch

most the the tracks have rhythm, bt for those that dont, i do the rhythm first, then lead. i use a recording software called audacity and basically run my gfx5 into the line in port on my lap.

in line port? is that the one where u plug in ur mike? sorry ar, i m really bloody newb in this kinda stuff, only know how to plug the cable to my amp.

where u get cables where one head is the normal guitar cable head, the other is those discman head? how u get it plugged in?

sorry .. ah .. newbie here also .haha..
satch ..ask u ah .. can i play my guitar thru a efx then direct to com ?? will the sound come out from my com speakers ?? can i do without an amp ? plz enlighten me on this area .. thx !

yea, u can, bt wont sound good if u gt a lousy soundcard.

.......like me...... haha, i need a new soundcard........

that is true, patch settings do matter, bt my sound card is lke some ALIsound. dunno what the heck is it. haha, from my laptop one.

cos i lose some lows when i do line in.

Teehee. Hey there! I used to be from maris stella primary! AHaha. Do you still have the video from the youth day concert!? I'd appreciate it if you could send it to me :D

dhalif said:
no man.. u need to sit down and reallly work on your patch..

yeah... cos the signal converters on your sound cards arent that great. I would recomend sittin down. record a tone,play back and listen to it. Tweak it and then record and play back.

Cos the computer speaker aint exactly like a real amp. unless your effect is like a Sansamp or a pod or some kinda DI/cab sim kind.

Or you can do it the way andrew does it. Micing it with a cheapskate PC mic tru the amp. Though the sound aint gona be 100%, its more controllable. easier to tweak and sound more authentic.

so basically u mean that the sound on my amp wont really be what comes out of the comp?

yea, i kinda feel that way too, guess ill have to make a patch jst for recording.

thanks seeks.

Back