Intro: RustyNailz

Good job for being the only band that did originals, i boy/girl dance girl dance groups aside, you guys are one of the better sounding bands for the night

yea it was a hard decision to choose to do an original. and also its a very challenging and daring approach. but its real fun

Thanks for the people who drop over to watch the show. i hope we have tried our best to show people what is local chinese rock.

Rusty Nailz, stick on to originals and don't deviate on that. Though I know, if you win the competition, I will lose.... but I still believe originals gives a band, especially this time round the short and long term advantage.

Anthony, we'll keep on fighting...... i'm looking 4ward 4 the day 2 work wif u...... i dun noe abt the rest...... hope tat we'll get the chance 2 work 2gether.......

:twisted:

hello guys i managed to catch you guys on tv last nite, really great... im especially impressed with lalala's vocals... i think it was in top form that nite, almost no pitch problem, one of the best singers that nite...
i like your original song, very chinese-flavoured, very inked!

on a side note i dun think it matters if rusty gets into top 14 yah? true rock n roll bands dun sell out, and normally dun get commercial success... u guys are already singapore's tang dynasty to me...

may your rock n roll dreams come true

oh btw gwee rocks too...cheers

Hi there Rusty Nail, You guys did great by daring to do a original piece, you guys show Singapore what a original chinese rock band can do instead of those clowns in really hideous uncordinated costumes which look absolutely horrendus. They are looking for a super group and definitly not a ROCK band, I guess maybe somehow along the line some one from the organiser got lost in translation

I know you guys will keep rocking as you and I know you guys are true ROCKERS

cheers , KEEP THE FAITH AND KEEP ROCKING
purplehaze3691

stillwater said:
hello guys i managed to catch you guys on tv last nite, really great... im especially impressed with lalala's vocals... i think it was in top form that nite, almost no pitch problem, one of the best singers that nite...
may your rock n roll dreams come true
thanks for that kind comment :D

actually maybe our songs are so so, our playing sucks, and our mandarin is like shit, but one thing i think my band has is that we have the passion. :D

do listen to our new demos heee :roll:

afterdeath said:
Anthony, we'll keep on fighting...... i'm looking 4ward 4 the day 2 work wif u...... i dun noe abt the rest...... hope tat we'll get the chance 2 work 2gether.......

:twisted:

Well, I believe in Rusty Nailz.

Comments on the Tortise demo:

Vocals pitchy, especially on the 1st min. Feeling of breathlessness at chorus.

Mix: Demo, so understandable haven't mix.

Last chorus - imo a "solo" vocal with maybe just the bass/guitar will sound better before the band enters back.

Maybe you can get some standin for keyboards to be recorded in as well.

Cheers
Raymond

One more thing - you could use some background vox.

RustyNailz will be performing on 18th June 2006 at Fort Canning Festival Stage together with bands from Singapore, Korea & China.

Tickets at $10 each n available at all SISTIC outlets.

More info at www.rockonsingapore.com

Hope 2 c u guys around...

Latest posts

Back