Intro: drumkit82

drumkit82

I am please to introduce myself as a simple guy who have a little knowledge and great interest in professional audio. If you do have any audio problems and other related problems, please share your experiences with me and I will be very happy to hear from you.

welcome welcome.

saw a few of your post in the forum. good stuff. we need more sound engineering SOFTies to make the forum more 'sound'. :wink:

are you working in the audio industry? got any war story to share?

hi there soft, nice to meet you. I've been in the audio industry more then a decade but mostly I'm dealing with those professional PA systems and some broadcast equipments. I'm now more keen into learning studio recording and stuffs, I know alot of equipments and feedbacks from the users.

Well, the war story I'll tell you more about it tonight because I'm going for some important meetings in 10 minutes. See you later.

Well soft, compare to the market 10 years ago, there are alot of increase in competitions. Nowadays people are more concern about the pricing more then the quality. Competitors tends to slash down their prices just to sell their products. For me, I sell my services, even my costs is lower, I will not spoil the market, thats why I've got alot of regular customers who support me for the whole decade. For some competitors out there, I've came across people who does not know any knowledge for audio products and they always sold the wrong thing to the customer. I've ever came across some problems like:

- Selling a pair of Beta87A Wired Condenser Mic to use for a Karaoke Amplifier for home usage.
- Selling Omni wireless clip-on Microphone for the usage of a professional presentation infront of speakers.
- Neumann U87 attached upsidedown from the EA87Ai Suspension as a demo,
opening the windscreen and test the sound without using a headphone infront of a pair of speakers.
- A customer who are looking for professional recording equipments for studio, he was introduced with akg solid tube, tascam cc222II, Yamaha MSP5A monitor speakers and then in the end... a berhringer mixer.

these are some of the examples which I've came across and there are many more. If there are chances I'll tell you more about it.

Back