Ibanez RG 1570 Prestige

it is lamentable seeing/ reading product reviews being a platform to uphold personal interpretations which remain subjective, regardless from who it's coming from. there's no wrong in expressing one's opinion on certain subject performance but for many of us, we tend to attach a personal conviction to a certain perspective which is quite the key to friction.

it depends on who tries which guitars. if you force feed RGs down the throat of a Gibson enthusiast (for instance), most likely, you won't hear anything positive being churned out. this would then irk the RG fanatics who would proceed to rubbish all Les Pauls & such & so the festering continues...

there is a tendency is all of us to expect our favourite guitar attributes to manifest in other brand names which would not happen because these products are clearly the output of the manufacturer's embrace- they serve to further their (commercial) objectives regardless of what others deem more blissful.

i'm through & through an Ibanez fan but on some days i just can't play them not because of workmanship issues or rubbish wood grade but because they fail to supplement my music- i just need my other guitars to manifest some ideas.

however much we revere a certain guitar, it is limited to what it's conceived to be.

Okay! Let's get back on track.

I've the same prestige RG1570, in mirage red. Good review, and good observations. The single coils are indeed noisy.

I've also swapped out the V8 with the Has-sound Hellions. More growl.

RG is a metal guitar, and it does what it does very well. I'd not do more, or any less. It's just something you'd have to live with.

Thus, I've gotten myself a M.I.J Telecaster, right up the other end of the spectrum.

This guitar rocks.......period. Remember to swap both humbuckers to Tone Zone and Air Norton (neck). I had them and I never looked back

Last edited:
RG has it's metal inclinations but it's not a metal guitar per se.

Yup! Fully agree with e statement by bro sub here....IMPO,Its just a matter of how we groom e guitar with e tone, pups, amps and efx preferences. Other than that it looks to me like a plain prata though...Gotta add some recipe with lil bit of onions, egg and curry to go along and...BooM!! Ready for Rock 'n' Roll my fren...:mrgreen:

Back