Ibanez RG 1570 Prestige

ShredCow ShredCow

Default Behave like a Christian should
I refer to your post on that Ibanez RG1570 review thread.

In my post I have offered sincere opinion and observation. You may disagree but you have done so in a manner that is not only out of line and juvenile, but irresponsible.

Yeah Shredded COw, "Daniel" I may be juvenile and irresponsible, my mistake. But what makes you so different. All you have ever done in this forum is NATO, someone offers a review on this site, all you did was to criticize about that nice guy's guitar review. It is easy to sit there and comment on how good or how bad the guitar is but do you have the courage and capability to write a guitar review to make everyone happy? And calling the thread owner sarcastic that was totally uncalled for.

Last edited:
i'm not partial to any camps, not sitting on any fence either & has no obligations to be diplomatic but reviews & appraisals are intrinsically opinion-based, there are high chances of opinion collisions occuring here; it's all expected in this virtual realm.

nevertheless, we often come across personal encroachments which are the products of subject bickering; not many of us could see that happening because the human nature is too busy faulting character once subject address breaks down.

material debate is healthy, please avoid personal encounters in public domain.

have a blessed weekend, everyone :cool:

Yeah Shredded COw, "Daniel" I may be juvenile and irresponsible, my mistake. But what makes you so different. All you have ever done in this forum is NATO, someone offers a review on this site, all you did was to criticize about that nice guy's guitar review. It is easy to sit there and comment on how good or how bad the guitar is but do you have the courage and capability to write a guitar review to make everyone happy? And calling the thread owner sarcastic that was totally uncalled for.

1) I'm different because I approached you in a manner that seems a tad more polite no?

2) How do you know I NATO?

3) I never criticized the threadstarter's review.

I agreed with JeremyRozario on his post earlier in the thread, thereafter I replied to the threadstarter's sarcastic remark to my earlier post by explaining how ibanez did make the RG for a certain genre and therefore - the RG sounds like that. Gee, I didn't think I ever needed to explain postings.

4) Who do you know writes a guitar review that makes everyone happy? Show me.

5) It was not uncalled for - he was being sarcastic.

6) Basic netiquette - private messages remain in the private realm, you have a lot to learn.

7) Don't you enjoy being totally pwned in a virtual manner? ;)

P.S. JeremyRozario, if you return to this thread, recall a certain "challenge" by some school kid last time?

Guys... Please chill...

Let's settle it in a peaceful manner, shall we?

I'm chilling... :) Don't worry... been around forums long enough to know what really matters and what doesn't... and this doesn't matter but since Mr Lee brought it to the surface... I guess, well, lets talk it out.

if it dosent matter y not just leave it? i dont see mr lee chasing it around.

Oh but he did "chase it around" by posting the last post of his.

On his 1st post I ignored him completely - its quite obviously... erm... you mean I need to explain it to you too?

Maybe you would like to re-clarify the point you were trying to make.

I see nothing wrong with Shredcow's posts which warrants a flaming. Perhaps if those who found the posts offensive were to read them out loud, they would perhaps feel differently about them.

I too, was under the impression the OP was making a sarcastic remark after Shredcow's post. Until I read further. It was a post somewhat in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anyway, so what if an RG is bland sounding. A euphenism for bland would be neutral sounding - no booming lows, biting mids, stabbing highs. What's wrong with a neutral sounding guitar? That makes it all the more versatile with a bit of EQ, especially in the metal genre where the RG was designed for so that it sounds transparent through a heavy mix, which is perhaps what Shredcow is trying to say.

Last edited:
haha. give Eric Clapton an RG and he starts shitting all over his pants and cant play cos its a an RG.

Nope. dosent happen unfortunately.

aiyo that incident so long ago, i tink some people on this forum still hold it against me and think i'm an arrogant twat

anw IMO ibanez and basswood + stock pickups = too "bland" for MY tastes

squier california series tele and strat w/ basswood = not "bland"

or it could be a single coil vs humbucker thing

again, IMO

anw right now i've got an rg1527 in mi room, on loan from a friend, i do find it veri bland next to a squier se100 strat also on loan from another friend

in my personal experience, i suppose it is the combination of pickups and body woods that attribute to this "bland" tone

i used to have a yamaha yg with ibanez v7,s1,v8 pickups and it totally rocked

i've also borrowed a rg350 with tonezone/air norton pickups for a couple of months, and just found the tone "bland"

so in the end of the day, these are MY opinions

besides all my negative feelings abt ibanez and their basswood bodied guitars, theyre trems do stay in tune better than most stock locking trems, from the edgeiii to the edge pro 7

p.s. no sarcasm in my posts, just to emphasize its my opinion and it should not be taken too seriously

I had an RG370DX once, and I put DiMarzio PAF Pro (neck) and SD JB (Bridge) and it sounded great. Ofcourse some tweaking is needed on your pedals to achieve the desired result. So probably any RG will sound great if you tweak your pedals right and also if put the right kind of pups.

Anyway RG guitars including the higher end Prestige,referring to basswood body guitars, are easy and comfortable to play.It is also very light. That is why they are the obvious choice among the top guitarists like Pablo, Steve Vai, Satriani.

At the end of the day, it all depends on individual preferences and the kind of music that you play. What may be good to you, may not necessarily good to somebody else. But Ibanez RG basswood bodies have proven time and time again that it is the ultimate Rock Guitar. How is that so? They have survived for so damn long.....

Just want to emphasize heavily on what KissMyAxe has said:

Its all a matter of perspective. jeremyrozario might not like RGs made of basswood, but that is because everyone's tastes are different, so when he says its bland in his opinion, its his opinion. What's one man's sauce may be another's poison.

So for the millionth time, just understand that everybody has different tastes, and it would be not fair to condemn each other just for having different preferences.

If I compare my friend's mahogany made RG, and my basswood made GSA, and say I prefer the GSA's tone, would anyone condemn me for that?

So please, just understand that everybody is different, and lets get over it, and move on.

Back