How to do that motorcycle sound with a guitar.

shredcow: how is the ZR trem? Is it really good as it is stated to be? How would you compare it to the more recent Edges?

Hey SC ... that sounds cool !!! i've ask this qqn somewhere ard here b4 ... :lol:

i've tried it with the trem fully depressed, on dist and delay ... strike the low E then slowly release back ... do sound motor starting ... but then, not enuff sustain ... hmm ... wonder how to sustain the 'roaring' motor sound ... :oops:

boone said:
shredcow: how is the ZR trem? Is it really good as it is stated to be? How would you compare it to the more recent Edges?

Heh... sorry dude, my guitar is a 2002 production model... it comes with the Original Edge trem (which, interestingly, most 2002 models came with) which I had swapped it out with a Gotoh Licensed Floyd Rose.

The Orignal Edge is regarded as one of the best Floyd Rose style trems around... tried and proven, unparalleled stability and super smooth feel. It was rusting though, and I thought I'll replaced with with something just as good but cheaper (A new Edge costs ard $375)... The Gotoh (Ard $250) is just as good except the feel is like an OFR, kind of stiff.

I have tried the ZR trem before, but only for a short while... I must say on first look and feel, it does look/feel very solid... However, I would do away with the tremsetter.... makes the trem really stiff although it helps with tuning stability, which IMO, is kind of redundant since good Floyd-styled trems ARE the most stable systems on guitar. Check with www.jemsite.com for more info, I've only heard good things about the ZR trem.

SpaTanS said:
i've tried it with the trem fully depressed, on dist and delay ... strike the low E then slowly release back ... do sound motor starting ... but then, not enuff sustain ... hmm ... wonder how to sustain the 'roaring' motor sound ... :oops:

Hmmmm... it should sustain easily since its an open string... perhaps you are not used to using the trem bar? Just rem to be as smooth as possible when depressing/releasing the trem bar...

Latest posts

Back