How many guitars do you own?

think good ol fat fingers is based on a 70´s big head stock strat. which is a standard strat scale with 21 frets.

All strats and teles were 21 frets. Scale does not equals to number of frets and vice versa

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

On 2003-04-11 10:22, subversion wrote:

yo bro
icon_cool.gif
actually, i was gonna respond to the sustain thread you started by getting some info here...

anyway, the scale length refers to the length from your guitar´s nut to its bridge. les pauls have shorter scale length: 24.75 as opposed to strats: 25.5 i am aware that the malmsteen strat has lesser number of frets- 21, but does it retain the std strat scale length?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

What´s up?

So we´ve got our Fender and Ibanez lovers so where is our Gibson Lover? Any Gibson collector wana let us know how many Les Paul´s s/he got?

-Beast
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_lol.gif

1) Epiphone Les Paul Bird´s Eye Maple top (still in use, but neck´s shifted sideways and fret´s worn out at the lower registers... pity, very nice rhythm machine)

2) Hamer Korean Goldtop (good for leads as the heel joint´s much more comfy than the LP, but now the entire glue joint came undone, waiting for me to find some time to repair it now)

3) Fender US Jeff Beck Strat - Seafoam green (my only US-made guitar, I like the neck n the action after a bit of tweaking)

4) old Ibanez acoustic (sweet sound, pity the bridge came undone, also waiting for time to repair)

5) Applause deep body Ovation copy (unspectacular, regretted this one. projection´s lousy even with a deep body)

on the whole, i´m starting to like Strats a whole lot more than before. push the gain knob high on the clean channel and the Strat´s single coils plays real sweet. But for crunch tones, nothing beats a pair of hummies still, IMHO...

I own a 95 Gibson LP Standard, Ibanez s270, Fender Strat, Yamaha APX4, Fernades Strat lookalike, Ibanez Performance and a Fonica Classical Gig.

Hope I am not showing off. I think that not all gig can give you the sound that you want so no choice in the end landed up buying so many.
icon_biggrin.gif

I own 4 guitars now... My favourite Ibanez JEM 777VBK (10 years old already), one fender stratocaster (lace sensor) custom sunburst, one fender resonator acoustic (with steel plate) and a Ibanez RG350 (15 years old).
icon_smile.gif
Will own total 7 guitars in 2 years time...
icon_smile.gif
Hi all, this is Anthon from Fairies Wear Boots. Rock on baby.

Latest posts

Back