How many guitars do you own?

subversion

Just curious... how many guitars do you currently own? list here please...

it´s kinda difficult to keep to one guitar, really...
icon_eek.gif

I own two.......i´m quite a beginner only started this year
icon_lol.gif
An Epi LP and a Venson strat from my cousin. Never heard of the brand and never played it yet......but since it was given *free* to me i don´t mind......except my fool cousin cleaned the guitar with wet cloth so u can imagine what happened......

Alo, guys.

me poor man, so only 2 guitars so far... a Yamaha FG320 folk guitar with lotsa grafitti and a worn down Ibanez RX (out of production) with the freaking standard trem locked... lol... the trem´s stability problems just drove me nuts...

Been longing for a decent RG (3120 maybe) and a nicer acoustic (probably an entry level Martin or Taylor) for a long, long time... =(

Change ur tuners i think can solve the problem? My Epi´s tuners drive me nuts too. I think i´ll get some Grovel ones. I dunno anythin bout those locking tuners now. Nowadays cheap guitars are mostly cheap plastic sigh. Maybe i should save up for the Ibanez SA series. It plays very well IMO.

I used to own 6 guitars, but two got sold, so now it is 4.

Some are good, some are bad. Ibanez RG550 with modified DiMarzio Pickups, Yamaha APX Special II Electric Acoustic, One old Yamaha Classical and an old Samick Electric(My first guitar!). One day, i´ll own my dream guitar, the Parker FCV Butterfly costing $2800.
icon_frown.gif

hello live33
icon_smile.gif
i own an ibanez RX too- RX-40, green finish. the pickguard is now riddled with cartoon stickers. i´ve never played the trem since i acquired it. it´s now always on standby on the guitar stand, it´ll be the guitar i grab when ideas flow into my head... it currently sports a dimarzio tone zone in the bridge
icon_cool.gif
i´m not acquiring anymore ibanez until 2003, i´ll wait to see if the trem revision on the guitars are worth my $$$

my last purchase was a PRS McCarty. not planning to acquire anymore in the mean time. 9 guitars currently...
icon_wink.gif

Hey, subversion.

OMG, 9???? PRS are sweet, aren´t they? I like the Archtop model; beautiful. Haven´t got to see them here in SG, though.

My RX is ze black one, with white pick guard. Well, was white, till I spray painted it black (gothic, huh?). The frets are mostly worn out flat at the crown. think it´s not worth the money to send it for a fret dressing job. The pickups are all stock, except for the Bill Lawrence L280 in the middle; single coil tone without the hum. Yay! =)

Funny thing is that the nut is aluminium. LOL. .. sounds metallic when playing clean. homemade nut but it´s a lousy job, the G string (hmm...) doesn´t ring quite well and sounds ´pinched´... =(

Well, Ibanez, read a few reviews and some say that their workmanship dropped a little. Not too sure. But the flamed maple top on mahogany of the RG3120 really caught my attention. And it sports ToneZone and PafPro pickups and the Lo-Pro edge trem. Neat stuff.

ha ha... the things we did to our RX
icon_lol.gif
i´ve been tinkering with my RX quite a bit too. i replaced the bridge string saddles & string trees. next up will be the machine heads- they´ve gotten stiff over the years...

the ibanez construction has dipped in standards over the years definitely. my oldest ibanez is 11yrs old & the tone on this baby is amazing.

that maple capped 3120 you mentioned- gee, i kept auditioning this guitar several times & those dimarzios in there sounded so wrong everytime ...
icon_eek.gif
i would´ve bought this one if it went well but in the end i acquired a used S540 from my cousin who´s strapped for $$$ to finance his motorbike. i have a Dimarzio Super2 in the neck of this guitar & IMO it´s way clearer than the PAF Pro in the aforementioned 3120. in fact it sounds very closeto the Duncan Full Shred- my current fav neck humbucker
icon_cool.gif

looking forward to the new stuff from ibanez this 2003.

I´ve finally acquired my Ibanez RG 1550...

i´ve brought this baby home today after a lengthy audition. i was contemplating to go for its other sibling, the 2550. the diff here are the rosewood fingerboard + Dimarzio-Ibz pickups on the latter. hence it commanded a steeper price.

after trying both the 1550 & 2550 + missing my lunch
icon_eek.gif
, i went for the maple fingerboard 1550. it plays well & the neck is smooth & has a better finish judging from its ´Prestige´ tag. the pickups although stock, are reputable but will be swapped soon.

what made me smile was the new Edge Pro floating trem
icon_biggrin.gif
it´s a very functional unit & makes string changing a breeze. it certainly killed my pre-conceived ideas about the new gen of in-house floating trem by the company. in fact, it´s quite a piece of art.

Attachments

• Anika_Nilles_drums.jpg
    Anika_Nilles_drums.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 479
Congrats subversion on your new guitar! Hope you have lots of fun with it.
icon_biggrin.gif

As for me ah, I have a Parker Nightfly with EMGs loaded, a Dean acoustic and a Parker P-38 I seldom use and am willing to sell. (interested can PM me)

I´ve happily run out of G.A.S. ever since the Nightfly. Hopefully I won´t be getting any more guitars...
icon_wink.gif

Attachments

• baybeats2020.jpg
    baybeats2020.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 512
hey thanks man...
icon_cool.gif

prior to the acquisition of my PRS, i told myself: This guitar will knock everything else in my arsenal but that didn´t happen. subsequent to the acquisition, i bought 2 more Ibanezs... i´m not saying that this brand name is it for me, i still fancy my fender/ gibson & PRS, but it simply gives me what i wanna hear
icon_smile.gif

already i´m thinking of an ibanez artcore & another ibanez RG, the 2620... sheesh...
icon_razz.gif

What´s up?

I think some new brands worth checking out would be Godin and Carvin...they both seems to be getting really popular...have not had the chance to check them out...but I do know that they are getting very good review.

-Beast

haha... yeah i always get attracted to other guitars, but after i try them i think its not worth it. maybe because i haven´t been trying the really good guitars. paiseh to ask when i go to shops ah.

have tried godins before. quite nice. one of the candidates if i´m getting more guitars. havent played any carvins before. think hamer are another under-valued brand. long ago tried some at yamaha music plaza and well they were quite nice. and also check this out... custom guitars they´re kinda fun... hehe www.route101guitars.com, can try many colour combinations.

the godin with the mahagony neck at luther music is VERY nice! love the feel of that guitar!

anyway route101 is made in Johor. Have emailed them for a factory visit many many moons ago and they´re not keen at all... no reply lah......

route 101 is known to have thin necks.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

On 2003-03-25 00:30, boofeng wrote:

haha... yeah i always get attracted to other guitars, but after i try them i think its not worth it. maybe because i haven´t been trying the really good guitars. paiseh to ask when i go to shops ah.

have tried godins before. quite nice. one of the candidates if i´m getting more guitars. havent played any carvins before. think hamer are another under-valued brand. long ago tried some at yamaha music plaza and well they were quite nice. and also check this out... custom guitars they´re kinda fun... hehe http://www.route101guitars.com, can try many colour combinations.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

the black godin with the mirror pickguard? its quite nice but i like greater curve in the fretboard radius. like the godin radiators... those are gooooood...

yeah saw that route101 have factory in malaysia but have no idea its so near in johore... can we buy direct from the factory then?

like i said..... no reply from them lah... try mailing them! who knows with enough ´pressure´ they´ll let is go and take a look.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah saw that route101 have factory in malaysia but have no idea its so near in johore... can we buy direct from the factory then?

me got Epi LP, Fender Classical guitar n Malmsteen Sig. Strat.

Next target is either Ibanez or Gibson..
icon_lol.gif

On 2003-04-09 15:56, subversion wrote:

bro- what´s the scale length of the malmsteen strat? thanks

wat you mean by scale length brudder? the length of the fret board?? Btw, me not quite used to the strat sound coz the sustain noy as long as my Epi Lp...am thinkin of buying a compression sustainer to make it last longer...

Was wondering will it werk?

icon_confused.gif

yo bro
icon_cool.gif
actually, i was gonna respond to the sustain thread you started by getting some info here...

anyway, the scale length refers to the length from your guitar´s nut to its bridge. les pauls have shorter scale length: 24.75 as opposed to strats: 25.5 i am aware that the malmsteen strat has lesser number of frets- 21, but does it retain the std strat scale length?

Latest posts

Back