How Many Bassist Here??? Raise Your Hands!

bass journey

Started learning guitar but was drawn to bass after hearing abe laboriel.
Slowly discover people like victor wooten, marcus miller, jaco pastorius and etc.
Played for abt 6 yrs for church.
Wanna inprove more. Like slap,snap,thump,pop stuff. More into funk jazz.
Use a Squier jazz bass with emg pickup, ne-1 parametric eq and Korg AX10B Multi effects.
regards,

1990 - born

2005 - started drums at around march, switched to bass at ard september. bought my bass in sept too .

present - practising dam hard :D

1988 - born

2004 - almost to the end of the year, after my o'level. pick up my almost a decade old samick bass and slowly start learning

Let me start talking from here, since there are lotsa stuff happened just within this year itself! Played in 3 bands before. 2 of which I left, now with my iron maiden cover band. I started playing the guitar at first. Bought myself a cheap acoustic and the nearest book store in yishun. Learn chords and strumming, but realise I can't change chords that fast no matter how often i practice.

After o'level, i decide to try out the bass which had been laying in the storage room for ages, almost a decade old, a samick. Love the sound of it, and start progressing from there onwards. Everything have been self-taught. Thinking of having a bass lesson, but due to my current school work and timetable, I don't even have time to look for part-time jobs. Lucky enough to jam during the weekend.

Right now I'm still with my Iron Maiden cover band. Few weeks ago finally learnt how to slap and pop a little, but still quite bad. Right now, I'm planing to buy a new bass, an ESP/LTD. Hopefully by end of this year.

Ns is best la , you get to wear the army Dr marten leather boots, go shoot some bullets, throw some grenade fire some big guns, go hiking in some forest, climb some oversea mountain , feed some mosquitoes, see some wild boar and get dangle by some snakes. Play hide and seek with your green camouflage uniform, run like mad dog, get some muscle and be the gate keeper of the whole camp on weekends and most of learn how to escape the arrows by your sergeant or officers.

It is a wonderful life , NS

Ya. Cos when I bought my bass I dunno much abt it. Later as I learn more and dun wanna spend to get a new bass so I change the pickup and bought gears to enhance the sound.
Ne-1 for the tone and AX10B got many nice amp model. Quite versatile.
The feel of my squier bass is quite comfortable. NExt bass if I'm getting will be TRB5IIP (If got cash).
NS is ok for me. ORD and carry on with outside world. :lol:

Back