how low the action is consider low?

classics

how much distance between the top of fret and string is consider low? nad how much is consider high?

at 22nd fret, my action between the fret and string is about 1.5mm, and at the 1st fret its about 1mm, is tat consider low or high? even at this settings, i got abit of slight buzz when playing lower notes, izzit normal? actually it juz very slightly, doesnt really bother me but im afraid the neck is warp? i pressed the 1st fret and the last fret, and in the middle of the frets, and distance between the fret and string is about 1mm, is tat consider wrap?

yeah asking cos i did something stupid to my guitar :( yeah its my fault, now im using 0.09 gauge, hopefully nothing is dam

I still think you better bring your guitar to a real tech. You said there was a lump behind the nut, that is not good.

Actually. Just bring it to a tech and have him explain everything. Save time and effort.

Hi classics
i guess this is not the best way to determine one's truss rod settings (will be known as neck warping, in your context) because it makes your nut a factor. different ppl do it in different way. beez always hold the guitar like a rifle and "sight up" to determine the bow. For me, I dun have eyes to determine the difference in terms of a thousandth of an inch. So I capo the first fret n depress the last fret, then measure from the top of the 8th fret to the bottom of the string, to be around 0.008''-0.009'', for a 25.5 scale.

here the pix of the neck.

is this the pattern of the neck? or there is some problem with it? and btw the nut was rusty when i took out of the box :(

image489mh.jpg

image497kt.jpg

image509tm.jpg

can u guys see the thingy poping out abit? is that ibanez neck style? or?
is that a problem or? if thats a problem? it look like the tension rod is forcing the way out of the neck ? i scare if i go sweelee, i will make a fool out of myself -.- :oops:

classics said:
i scare if i go sweelee, i will make a fool out of myself -.- :oops:

You already are by making uninformed speculations as above. Just bring it down to a tech and he'll explain everything. Stop your blind observations which have no background information to even fall back on in the first place. Just get a tech I say.

u know what's the lump??

that time my bassist also bought a bass from swee lee during a 50% off sales... when he reach back home he realise there is a lump at the back...

immdiately he when down with the bass and ask the asst there, they told him that, it is because the bass was hung there for a very long time alrdy.... so that happens.........

I am not sure how true is it... as i am not a guitar tech, i can't say they are wrong or right... but that is proberly the answer they gonna give you

hope this helps

Ichiro said:
u know what's the lump??

that time my bassist also bought a bass from swee lee during a 50% off sales... when he reach back home he realise there is a lump at the back...

immdiately he when down with the bass and ask the asst there, they told him that, it is because the bass was hung there for a very long time alrdy.... so that happens.........

I am not sure how true is it... as i am not a guitar tech, i can't say they are wrong or right... but that is proberly the answer they gonna give you

hope this helps

yeah i took it back todae and they told me it was the cutting, hmm. i gotta get is setup properly tml by a tech. anyway i had adjust the action, the lowest it can go without any slight buzzing at all is 2mm. is tat normal? juz asking

I think the correct term would be a scarf joint if i'm not wrong? Anyway string action is personal preference, if it's low enough and the slight buzz ain't getting to you then it's perfectly fine. There's no normal/abnormal standards to adhere to :D

Thing is. Buzzing comes with low action. You cannot get away from it other than having an extremely light pick attack.

But there is a difference between fret rattle and fret buzz. Rattle does not come out of the amp. Buzz does. Rattle is fine. Buzz is irritating.

Decide what you want.

oh so my should be under rattle? i set the action around 1mm distance when i play clean under amp, cant hear any buzzing or any adnormal sound at all,. yeah thx for the help:D, sorry if i offended anyone or im really annoying, im kinda foolish at these stuff :lol:

If it don't come out of the amp, its cool. Its just that on the physical guitar, its rattling, irritating but its nothing since the amp don't show it.

I'm not offended by you dude... just... look after your guitar properly and ask ppl before DIY-ing it. You might have just broken your Sabre in half.

Have you brought the axe to swee lee to try for an exchange?

Back