how high do you hang your guitar? c'mon in and share!

BlackMoo said:
Mine normally at knee level. When solo comes I lower it to my ankles.

Why dont you put the guitar on the floor?? Use your feet to play instead of your hands.. It's better.. No need to strain your shoulder.. HAhaha :D :D

Kwerty said:
This low.

phslash1088ai.jpg

To me this is not that low,that is for him . He has quite big hands and from his left hand grip i can really see he has full grip over the neck and full control of the guitar. :D Aniways he does solo quite alot also..

anyone saw the 'get famous in 30 seconds' on axn? he plays two guitars at the same time without the straps, he just leaves it on the stand... he has no need for picks...

Hmm. Reminded me of the DVD i've watched before. G3 Live in Denver i think.

Yngwie Malmsteen was playing a classical or acoustic, and the guitar was on a stand. Really cool and stylish.

Kwerty said:
Hmm. Reminded me of the DVD i've watched before. G3 Live in Denver i think.

Yngwie Malmsteen was playing a classical or acoustic, and the guitar was on a stand. Really cool and stylish.

Yngwie Malmsteen is my favourite Idol.. He ROCKS!!! :supz:

I guess this can be applied to schoolkids as well. Some of them sling their schoolbags real high, where its real comfortable and looks proper. And then theres the bunch who hang it so low it looks like a skirt instead of a schoolbag, thinking it looks good when it looks oh so shabby. Yuck.

It all depends on the guitarist.... i have played with guitarist that sits down while practice, even during jamming session. Then when it comes to gigs or live performances, they can't play well and blame on the amp or the stage too small or the soundman sucks or can't get the sound etc.... but the truth is, he hangs his guitar low... and his hand position and posture has changed due to standing up...

I always practise sitting down and when it comes to standing up, i find it much harder, even if I hold it higher.

i usually practice standing. my guitar used to be down to my testicles (and since i have balls the size of churchbells, it was pretty darn low!) but these days i tend to have the guitar just below the waist, it's a little more comfortable to solo on.

i usually practise with mine slung around nitrovo's height maybe a slightly lower since i dont do technically demanding stuff mainly slow/ok stuff.

Back