Help! Should i get a interface?

snezams

I have a ALESIS 8USB MIXER.
but i just send it yesterday for a repair again. for the second time after just two months. The first & second are the same reason. USB BLOW. so it can't connect to my laptop. Im afraid it will spoilt again for the 3rd time and i thinks by that time repair is not under warranty anymore. So i really need you guys help. should just buy an Interface Such as TonePort™ UX2, Presonous Firebox and more if you guys can recommend.

I need it for normal recording like playing keyboard & sing at the same time. or record with a minus one/karaoke.

Im using a Audio Technica AT2O2O. (It needs phatom power)

Should i just get an interface so next time when its usb blow again i can just connect my mixer>interface>laptop? so no need to connect the mixer directly to my laptop. Can it connect like that?

the interface you get next time , be it UX2 toneport or firepod/box etc, will already have its onboard preamps, and you can ditch the mixer aside as a sub mixer. cos you'll be connecting mixer preamps > audio interface preamps > audio interface soundcard > PC > DAW.

presonus's preamps personally I feel it will be better than line6's.

line6 specializes (comes with) a gearbox guitar software. which is ideal for guitarists without amps etc.

and i think line6 is cheaper.

Back