H-S-S Stratocasters

lppier

Hi,

Just for interest in future purchases... what is a good and reasonable priced H-S-S Strat to buy? Best if got the 2-toned sunburst..

Pier.

fender MIMs are pretty affordable..actually the japanese fenders (certain models) like those mentioned in some other posts are cheaper last i heard only 800. or if ure on a budget get a well made squire and modify it?

I'd recommend a Cort G250.

A reasonably priced H-S-S with basswood body, a maple neck with rosewood fretboard. It comes with a wilkinson tremolo bridge and a roller nut. Not to mention, push pull coil split with 500k tone and volume pots. Didn't see any of these in for guitars in the same price range.

I'd say its quite good value for money for a mid-range entry guitar. If you do your research, you'll know its better than your entry level samick or squire stratocasters.

http://www.cort.com/guitars/g_models/pg2.html#250

g250p.jpg

blahblah said:
doesnt fare very well in the looks department.. :? sorry im just a sucker for sexy stuff lol

Yea i feel the same as well. It's an example where "acquired taste" comes into play.

Ya I don't like the looks.. wan a normal fender strat look lol...
MIM good? The H-S-S is it more ex than S-S-S?

Pier.

pooo said:
blahblah said:
doesnt fare very well in the looks department.. :? sorry im just a sucker for sexy stuff lol

Yea i feel the same as well. It's an example where "acquired taste" comes into play.

wait till Steve Vai endorse this guitar :D Everyone will swarm it like nobody business :lol:

ictaros said:
I'd recommend a Cort G250.
g250p.jpg

it seems that Cort is rather serious in providing users with excellent features. I've used to think that Cort would be in the same league as Samick, Squire and the like in providing reasonable entry level guitars but it seems Cort is selling a lot of good features in their guitars. (TonePros on LPs, Mighty Mite PUs, Wilkinson bridge, roller nuts)

hmm any idea how much the G250 costs then? Sold at Sweelee?

popeye said:
pooo said:
blahblah said:

wait till Steve Vai endorse this guitar :D Everyone will swarm it like nobody business :lol:

the grim reality is vai aint endorsing it because it doesnt make it in terms of looks and quality. :lol:

subversion said:
i rate the Highway1 HSS strat highly, it's one of the best humbucking Fender i've come across.

+1
plus they are pretty sexy too :D the black humbuckers dont quite work for me though, the colour contrasts too much ^^

erm.. how bout a yamaha pacifica 112j? but i'm not sure whether they are available in sunburst. affortable price if you are on a tight budget

James Tyler Studio Elite (best with lead/split/parallel circuits) :wink:

hey he said reasonable price.....not cheapo price and I think JTGs are reasonable. :lol:

Actually can I just get a Japan fender ST 43 and put a bridge single-coil humbucker? Do single coil humbucker sound like humbuckers?

Pier.

if you already own an SSS guitar, the most sensible option is to get a single coil sized humbucker in the bridge. lots of models out there.

another option for SSS strat users will be changing the pickguard to SSH and use normal humbucker size, provided the cavity of the guitar permits (swimming pool cavity or H-S-H cavity)

Latest posts

Back