Guyatone: Over Drive OD2

Perhaps its a pedal thing?

I tried it chained up with another dirt pedal cant'rem what it was.... into a Vox AC15.

Alone it was impressive though.

DS-1 & OD-2 are both mild-type drives, using one to boost the other won't givev you amore intensive drive type. at best, there's a thickening effect to be heard.

Hey subversion or whoever can help me,

I'm looking for an overdrive or distortion that will give me a very clear and "jangling" tone, so to speak, maybe one that can be adjusted from a very light distortion to even a high gain distortion and still maintain that clarity. I'm using a SZ320 with the default humbucklers. Is the Guyatone OD2 suitable for what I'm looking for? Any other reccomendations? Do I need single coils for that kind of tone or can I also achieve that with what I have?

Thanks for the review and info so far.. has been useful...

The Blackstone MOSFET overdrive does all you mentioned.

The OD2 does not speak to me as anywhere near jangly.

Also see, Subdecay Liquid Sunshine (Tymusic ships them) and the upcoming Goosoniquewerkz ? pedal.

the OD-2 doesn't excel in crunch settings, if i understand you correctly. for that to be achieved, you need a Blues Driver type to actually enhance a single coil voicing then it'll be a potent formula.

put your pickup switch to the mid position, back off you guitar volume to taste & try the Blues Driver to hear this in action.

also, check out the pedals listed by Cow, above. if there is any need in intensity but nothing metal-grade, consider MI Audio's Crunch Box 8)

Back