GUITAR TUNERS.

ChanMin

Hey guys...

i was using a boss tu-12... not bad..served me well for almost 2yrs... until ... i somehow cant find it ... might have lost it...the past week.. DAMN....

what tuners you guys using?...

which tuners will work well on the pedal board , on dark stages and can be read clearly while standing up??? somehow when i stand up..tuner needle and lights seem really tiny at my feet.

hmmm the DT 10 looks very functional... but the size abit huge right... anyone owns one?

how much? and where to buy?

hmmm the DT 10 looks very functional... but the size abit huge right... anyone owns one?

how much? and where to buy?

tot u saw mine in shredcow's place when u came over? City Music lo, for Korg stuffs....when i bought it was 105 i think

I reccommended the DT-10 because of this:
which tuners will work well on the pedal board , on dark stages and can be read clearly while standing up??? somehow when i stand up..tuner needle and lights seem really tiny at my feet.

Its big and the display is big and lots of leds to show if you flat or sharp.

I have one and it works great, very fast response. Even works on simple major chords.

Its the one on top of the A/B box in these pics:
IMG_3156.jpg

IMG_3153.jpg

any 1 recommends the intellitouch thingy stuck on the the head sock?

The best one, the intellitouch, I have. It's good for quiet tuning, very responsive too. But when your drummer is banging away and your bassist is pounding, there is a little too much vibration in the room for it to work well. It's very good for acoustic sets though.
As for the cheaper ones like the one Davis sells, I'm not too sure how it stands up compared to this.

I got the cheap tuner with the SX package! But I hate it 'coz it doesn't show #...but I don't think most tuners show # right?

hmmm...Most tuners do show the # maybe except for the lower end ones. there are many good tuners at price ranges from 25 to 40 dollars, got to search around abit.

thats one huge tuner....i like....very very nice...$105 ah...hmmmmm...does anyone knows when citymusic goin to have any sales for tuner??

MadWereWolfBoy said:
any 1 recommends the intellitouch thingy stuck on the the head sock?

i'm currently using it.

Pros:
-----
+ It's not in your chain.
+ It tunes relatively accurately.
+ You can tune literally anything that you can clamp, bass, guitar, violin...

Cons:
-------
- Headstock should have no deadspots where you clamp, else it's very hard to get a reading
- You can't tune if your drummer is whacking behind you, as his drum vibrations will affect the Intellitouch tuner. You can grab the tuner to deaden the drum vibrations.
- It looks a little fragile. I haven't broken it; not trying my luck out.

Quirks:
--------
? You need to get used to how the tuner works. Pluck an open string, let ring for a while, then read and adjust.
? The cheaper version does not have backlight.

ah.. i see... cuz there are quite a no. of clamping tuners out there.. was wondering whether $70 for that intellitouch is justified...

Strobostomp if you can afford it. There is a dealer in Singapore for them. I can't rem who but the price was $375.

Its something I hope to purchase when I got dough to spare.

Other the Korg DT-10.

I dislike the Boss TU2... its not that accurate.

well, i'm happy with it. but i can see many reasons why others would not.

reliable? definitely. durable? i reckon not really, you can't compare it to say, a Boss Pedal Tuner.

Try it out yourself, take note of the pros/cons/quirks i listed while you're trying, see if you like it.

I've tried the Boss TU-2, Korg DT-10 and the Intellitouch... I have to say that the DT-10's the best for me; faster than the TU-2 and more accurate. The Intellitouch didn't cut it for me (maybe it was the dead spots on my headstock) but there's always something nice to be said for seeing a bunch of coloured dots run around at your feet :eek:

Of course you could always A/B out to a normal tuner but if you want to see it onstage, get the pedal. Leaving the Intellitouch on while jumping around in front of everyone looks a bit queer IMO, and having to take it out and put it back in every time you tune is a bit of a hassle.

Or you could buy a rackmounted tuner ;)

i use a dt 10.. and its not in my signal chain cuz i just connect it to the tuner output of my volume pedal.. so its much less complicated...

jus get the dt-10.its not bad.accurate.i likeee.and its reasonably priced at 105.the only thing i like from citymusic.ha.

i guess its the DT-10 then ... thanks for the info guys.

btw where can i get a ernieball volume pedal in singapore??
gonna get my pedal board done once and for all ...

Back