guitar shops

davis guitar is a family biz. And the "useless" guy? if its the same one that i had in mind, then i can tell you, he is not. He does know a thing or 2 and he really is the son of the owner......

Hey guys,

Even though I'm Singaporean, I've never really lived in Singapore. I have lived all around SE Asia because my dad works for SIA. I have come back recently to go through NS. I must agree that Davis Guitar's service is a little on the disapointing side, as I too went in there to try out stuff and was arruptly cut off in the middle of playing by that woman. The old man didn't seem as bad as some people here make him out to be, but he still was a little sour with me. I thought that Janet was great, if a little on the quiet side, and was a great help with me when I was there.

It really is quite a change, coming from Hong Kong, the last country I lived in before I came here. Over there, I went to Tom Lee Music for all my guitaring needs and they rarely ever disapointed anyone. Everything, from a stupid plywood Squier to Gibsons that cost as much as cars would be within arms reach and was open to everyone to take down and try out. I must say that it's a little hard to adapt over to places like Davis, where the people tell me that I can't try out a guitar because it's too hard to take down.

I was just checking out the Tom Lee Music site the other day to find out how much they charge for the Gidsons and Epiphones over there. Unfortuntalely there's no price list. Hey Chakalot, how much does the Les Paul Standard costs in HK? Any good deals over there?

8)

Gibson lp standards? Hm, I never really looked at them because I always knew that they would be too expensive for my blood, but I'd wager they cost anything from $2500-$4000 Singapore dollars, depending on what re-issue it was and what kind of neck it had.

Reissue are cheaper than historic models. But a lp standard won't cost below $4000. In the states, a standard cost around US$2500 so converted to Sing dollars, it will be around $4000. All les paul has glue on neck doesn't it? :p. Get a studio, looks cool and has the les paul sound.

Back