guitar made of plywood?

squier bullets are bass wood.. correction..
ply wood..hmm
i really noticed that some squiers are made from plywood..
mich lighter.. tone wise.. hmmm my hearing cant tell..
but i have 2 guitars made from plywood..hmm i like it alot..
its also cheap..

yes ok doing so right now, just charging the batt first :lol:

and the clean sound is great for the guitar, and most of all, the color is funky and it's light!

ok here they are...

guitar027.jpg

guitar026.jpg

guitar025.jpg

guitar023.jpg

guitar022.jpg

interested PM me :wink:

Its is "generally" thought of as a no no for guitars to use ahem... plywood. Like everything else in the world... plywood also got grades one. Cheap one and expensive one. But thats another thing.

Why ply wood exists? For various reasons but most importantly to me is for strength.

Take a piece of "pure" famous guitar wood like maple, mahogany, basswood etc etc... thin the slab to 5mm and do a karate chop. It'll snap into 2 without even grazing your knuckles.

Take a piece of multilaminate 5mm plywood and then get some blue oitment ready before you chop chop. Its much stronger due to the cross lamination of wood grain.

=========
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
||||||||||||||
//////////////
=========

Plywood is not a bad thing. For guitar its really subjective, but normally cheap guitars uses plywood.

The other alternative to look at is MDF, medium density fiber. Its friggen heavy though. Someone made a Tele type guitar with the MDF and formica, its documented somewhere on the net.

To split hairs... ain't a Les Paul a laminate too? sandwiching maple and mahogany? how about tru neck guitars? and how about those big dollar bass guitars with multilaminate necks and bodies?

Laminated wood is NOT a bad thing. It is when the builders uses it for the wrong reasons.

Re: Hmm

neuro182 said:
Is there any website in which I can read up more on the different wood material & what effect they will haf on the sound?

There is a portion on tom anderson's site abt the tone wood. Quite interesting, as he not only tok abt alder, basswood, mahogany, but how also the maple top on a dif body will affect the sound.

edder said:
Its is "generally" thought of as a no no for guitars to use ahem... plywood. Like everything else in the world... plywood also got grades one. Cheap one and expensive one. But thats another thing.

Why ply wood exists? For various reasons but most importantly to me is for strength.

Take a piece of "pure" famous guitar wood like maple, mahogany, basswood etc etc... thin the slab to 5mm and do a karate chop. It'll snap into 2 without even grazing your knuckles.

Take a piece of multilaminate 5mm plywood and then get some blue oitment ready before you chop chop. Its much stronger due to the cross lamination of wood grain.

=========
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
||||||||||||||
//////////////
=========

Plywood is not a bad thing. For guitar its really subjective, but normally cheap guitars uses plywood.

The other alternative to look at is MDF, medium density fiber. Its friggen heavy though. Someone made a Tele type guitar with the MDF and formica, its documented somewhere on the net.

To split hairs... ain't a Les Paul a laminate too? sandwiching maple and mahogany? how about tru neck guitars? and how about those big dollar bass guitars with multilaminate necks and bodies?

Laminated wood is NOT a bad thing. It is when the builders uses it for the wrong reasons.

behringer strats r made of plywood...how about those?

r u from xpr? gilman? i dunno about plywood guitar. most guitars are solid. the behringer feels very light though, never tried plugged in.

Mr_X said:
r u from xpr? gilman? i dunno about plywood guitar. most guitars are solid. the behringer feels very light though, never tried plugged in.

yeah. how u noe? lol . i known as gman there. haha. who ya?

u mean ply wood guitar hollow?

Back