Guitar Cable

Oh trust me its much better to get a good branded one. I have 3 failed cables of which 2 are brandless.

don't compromise your sound when it only costs you $10 more =)

oh and yea, brandless ones spoil fast, even with good care. so far the longest one is the one im still using now as a backup cable, its been about a year old and it still works. the copper wires inside will bend easy tho.

lolx :D personally i like the peavey ones, the plastic outer casing, cuz it holds its shape which is useful in some cases, and planet waves ones, for other cases.

those brandless ones right? they spoil really fast when u bring them for jamming outside, esp when its compressed in your bag or not coiled properly. for home practice i think they're fine! cuz they do decrease sound quality by just a bit. i carry one with my multi-fx board just in case i need an extra patch cable.

i've had many bad experiences with them, some being going to a jamming room, finding a shitty cable and the guy doesnt wanna change it for me because it works (it only works when i DONT move at all. means taht if i turn one bit, lotsa pop crackle noise comes out, i.e. lose connection within the cable) or when at a gig some dude uses this bad cable and he thinks its fine and he doesnt wanna change it and it makes lotsa noisy sounds. bleah

Cos I'm having a performance in a week. Might consider a cable change. I might need a 25ft one. Huge stage larh.

wow that's long! i think mine's 15ft... for performances and moving around on the stage, get a planet waves one (its soft and will take shape to where u move so u wont easily trip over it) or a peavey one that's cased in fabric (they're more durable even if u step, trip or whatever)

i believe the most important is you yourself, the musician! but of course there are lotsa factors for a good gig, like a good sound tech/pa, decent monitors (they help u remain tight as a band esp when u play loud) equipment that doesnt make unwanted noises (good cables! good connections!) and decent amps/acoustics =)
well of course you could just go a simple gig and most of the above wont matter, but c'mon honestly, as musicians, don't u wanna sound good?

hay88 said:
i'm seriously interested in getting a wireless. Or at least build one, anyone knows any local electrical freak who can attempt such a project?

Check your PM :)

want monster pro cables but no money?
share with your band members buy Canare GS-6 cable..
cut to desired length..
buy canare or neutrik 1/4" connector plugs..
then solder..

i bought the planet waves cable. gonna ask a very noob qn... how do u tell which end goes where? there's one end marked "shielded end".

well , i recently bought a cable from luther. its the ones with neutrik heads. so far so good. my Best cable was the silver dimarzio one that lasted me almost 2-3 years. it cost me $40 at that time man .... but for 2-3 YEARS. it was a good buy.
planetwaves one hasnt failed yet.

spend more buy a good cable. wont want a stupid cable to screw up your gig.

yeaaah... i've got a planet waves that've lasted for a year now...

irishblue: mm which ones did u buy? the super expensive planet wave ones?

CrispyEgg said:
yeaaah... i've got a planet waves that've lasted for a year now...

irishblue: mm which ones did u buy? the super expensive planet wave ones?

not sure... i threw the box away already. should be the cheapest among the planet wave cables lol 20-30 bucks if I don't rem wrongly. one side is a straight jack, other side is an angled one (90deg).

Back