GT2 & TRIAC users

Vaiyen said:
being anal about tone is not a crime :wink:

Somehow, i think i liked it better when i was just a beginning guitarist. One guitar, one cheap amp, very happy already. Back then = tone? what is tone?! :lol:

edo83 said:
GAS.....Shredcow....you're reliving my interest in TRI AC now. feel like getting 1 to pair up with a SD-1. mind if you do a short sample of california setting rhythm crunch and boosting with ts-9 for lead tones? :lol:

Hmmm.... I think a review of the TRI AC is something good. :) I'll do up something though it might take some time and a LOT of samples. ;)

Vaiyen said:
I believe Shredcow plays on the Brit setting? As do I. Boosting the Calif setting with an overdrive might be overkill, but don't quote me on this.

Oh no Vaiyen, I use the Brit setting (nowadays lah) for a more crunchy kind of tone. With my ts9dx kicking in, the tone becomes slightly more powerful and less crunchy, great for some nice rock-ish rhythm.

I do the ts9dx before the mesa often, to boost to a tight metal tone. I've always found the tri ac's mesa (metal) tone not tight enough on its own.

pls pls pls do a ts9 boosting your tri ac on cali setting. very interested to hear it in action......take your time shredcow....be waiting for the samples! :lol:

what i was thinking was since its supposed to be used as preamp. how come alot of people still using it in front of amp..

edo83 said:
pls pls pls do a ts9 boosting your tri ac on cali setting. very interested to hear it in action......take your time shredcow....be waiting for the samples! :lol:

Well, here is a rushed sample... haha... i reused a riff and did a lame solo... :)

For the 1st section, the rhythm parts, the RIGHT output is non boosted TRI AC. The LEFT output is boosted with TS9DX.

I set the TS9DX to boost to a more cutting/trebly tone... I like it that way, tightens up everything and turns the Mesa channel into a real monster IMO.

Then the solo section, first 4 bars are NOT boosted. Last 4 bars are boosted.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=185DUQFG

If you're thinking of sticking the GT2 into your guitar amp, I don't recommend it. For me, I have a smarvo 40watt, and at high gain setting on the gt2, the amp sort of "farts" when I play. And the sound not as good when I play through monitors or PA system or computer speakers. But my computer speakers themselves got automatic distortion haha...
GT2 works best with PA system or monitors/flat-response speakers.

Pier.

i would think otherwise, it's a matter of setting up and eq'ing. With my GT-2 paired up with the infamous Roland JC on its clean channel, I'm able to get something close to Nuno's tone in "He-Man Woman Hater" or something like Petrucci's tone in SFAM :) my only gripe would be that i'm having a hard time trying to boost a lead tone for my GT-2, but it's got a solid palette of tones if u spend time tweaking imo

Shredcow: with the TS9 boosting Tri AC....it's definitely very different from boosting GT-2. tasty tone there....should go sinamex doodle around with it sometime when i got the dough :lol:

edo83 said:
Shredcow: with the TS9 boosting Tri AC....it's definitely very different from boosting GT-2. tasty tone there....should go sinamex doodle around with it sometime when i got the dough :lol:

Hahaha... well, thats the thing to note. It can go heavy if boosted... and without the boost, you retain a vintage-y tone. So its cool...

I would still recommend the GT2 over the TRIAC for metal stuff though... You really don't need to boost the GT2 to get a metal tone.

maybe i'll need something like the Xotic RC Booster......just need alittle more punch and vol to cut through during lead parts :?

Just get an MXR Microamp (or similiar booster) and put it AFTER your GT2. You will have all the boost you ever need!

yeah will go shop around once have the money, but not committing to any particular booster as of yet.

Back