Graph Tech String Saver

shinobi

after a sudden acute bout of GAS i decided to buy a new bridge for my bass. i decided upon a gotoh bridge and got it from KC at zen. to my disappointment the bridge didnt fit my bass, due to the curved top and the bridge cavity (forgot to mention that my bass was an AERODYNE jazz bass).

so i headed back the same day to see what could be done about it. the only way i could accommodate the bridge was to re-route the bridge cavity to make it bigger. i decided against it because i didnt want to make any permanent modifications.

KC suggested that i exchange the bridge for a set of graph tech string saver bridge saddles, which could be fitted onto the stock bridge. i remember him saying something about the mids sounding better. to be honest, he was pretty cool about it and i hadn't heard anything about these saddles, so the idea didn't set me on fire. face it, it's called "string saver" but heck, a bass string is never gonna break on you. but i took them anyway to kill the GAS and when i installed them, i was blown away. the mids were really well defined and the sustain was insane. the difference was immediately noticeable

if such a small modification could make such a great improvement, the crappy stock saddles must have been the achilles heel of my bass. i really have no regrets. thanks for the suggestion

P.S. my gripe with the shifting saddles that i told you about was solved with these. they are as solid as a rock

Hi Shinobi,

I'm glad you're enjoying the improvement. You can also consider changing your nut to a tusq or trem nut in the future.

KC

Hi guys,

we've ran out of quite a few models for graphtech products. But fret not! They'll be up on the rack by 09/01/08(Wednesday).

Do pop in to Zen Guitarwerkz to purchase or get installation done!

If you are a diy enthusiast, please check out www.graphtech.com and find out the correct part you need before coming to us. This will save both party a whole lot of trouble as Graphtech makes for many major brands like for example PRS, Gibson, Taylor and Fender. If you can't locate the exact piece, they also teach you on how to measure and find the ideal piece.

The easy way out is to get our wonderful Kaycee to get it done for you with a reasonable installation charge.

Vincent

I've been eyeing these saddles after I found out that NO bridge manufacturer manufactures solid sustain steel block bridges with measurements of my Pacifica (same specs as a Mexican Fender Strat bridge).

So instead of digging some wood and shoving some holes, I was contemplating on chaning the bent steel saddles for some Graphtech one. However, I'm still undecided on String Savers vs Ferra Glides.

Read about them on the Graphtech webbie (yeah their description is TOTALLY helpful) but would definately appreciate some inputs from anybody who has experience with either one for comparisons. Objective opinions are appreciated!

Back