good guitar teacher(wanted)

Paulo said:
Being a private teacher myself, just wanted to let u guys know abt Justin Ho [formerly from progressive metal band Aphellion], he graduated from Berklee - teaches anything from basic beginner guitar to advanced shred wizardry [multi-genres]. Those seeking guidance should check him out, to widen your options. cheers. :)

Paul Danial.

Justin leaves Aphellion? I didn't know that. Such a pity... Anyway I also recommend him. I know his drummer too. His drummer also teaches drum.

It's good to have lessons. Only a good instructor can spot your mistake, others just teach for the money. The mistakes i mean are very small but very important. A instructor can train you to sound clean instead of been sloppy like jimmy page. (I'm a fan of led zep but jimmy page plays really sloppy)

saw the gtr teacher at allguitar shop(parklane), he can play the solo along with dose dream theater stuffs. 8O but sum ppl can play, doesnt mean he can teach. how abt city music?? :?:

marshall_law said:
Paulo said:
Being a private teacher myself, just wanted to let u guys know abt Justin Ho [formerly from progressive metal band Aphellion], he graduated from Berklee - teaches anything from basic beginner guitar to advanced shred wizardry [multi-genres]. Those seeking guidance should check him out, to widen your options. cheers. :)

Paul Danial.

Justin leaves Aphellion? I didn't know that. Such a pity... Anyway I also recommend him. I know his drummer too. His drummer also teaches drum.

It's good to have lessons. Only a good instructor can spot your mistake, others just teach for the money. The mistakes i mean are very small but very important. A instructor can train you to sound clean instead of been sloppy like jimmy page. (I'm a fan of led zep but jimmy page plays really sloppy)

Errrr........Jimmy Page sloppy?????? I think that remark does not goes well with a lot of people, including me. I don't think making music is about sounding clinical. Yeah as a band I do see some problems, but I think they incl jimmy are just fantastic, the feeling in the music is great. So great that till today, there is a hugh cult and fans following and listening to their classics. We don't see anywhere the same following in high precision techniques and shredding.

A lot about music is feel. The emotional ride a particular piece can lead the listener, is one of the most phenomical appeal to a real classic track. Can be any kind of music, rock, pop, metal, classical......etc

Mikemann I am sorry to say you went waaaaaay off-topic. He merely stated the fact that Jimmy Page is sloppy, and then you went on an irrelevant rant. What he stated about Page is indisputable. Just listen to the 'Heartbreaker' solo for example. And it's sad that that you are putting down precise and clean playing to make youself feel better about sloppiness and inept technique.

Technique is always a good thing to have. I'd rather have it, and don't need it. Than need it and don't have it. And don't give me the crap about how having good technique makes you 'soul-less' or 'emotionless'.

Vaiyen said:
Mikemann I am sorry to say you went waaaaaay off-topic. He merely stated the fact that Jimmy Page is sloppy, and then you went on an irrelevant rant. What he stated about Page is indisputable. Just listen to the 'Heartbreaker' solo for example. And it's sad that that you are putting down precise and clean playing to make youself feel better about sloppiness and inept technique.

Technique is always a good thing to have. I'd rather have it, and don't need it. Than need it and don't have it. And don't give me the crap about how having good technique makes you 'soul-less' or 'emotionless'.

To each his own opinions. I do respect your opinion too. There will always be the Vai & Malm camp vs the Purple & Zep camp. I am not puting down either camp, just stating the facts. If you like techniques, that's great too.

To each his greatness, there is no deny. Cheers to all who create good music.

people, please stay on the topic. this thread is about "looking for a guitar teacher".

thanks

But I love Purple and Led Zep too! They are major influences of mine...The whole Vai/Yngwie vs Hendrix/Page debate is just asinine. As far as I am concerned, entrenching yourself in one side and refusing to listen or learn from the other side is just counterproductive as a musician. While I love and respect Purple, Zep, Sabbath, Hendrix, Claption etc for their great tunes, pioneering, and influence, I find it hard to believe that the guitar has not progressed in the past 30 years! New players are continually breaking new grounds on the instrument, just like how Eddie Van Halen revolutionized guitar playing in the 80s. And then Randy Rhoads, Malmsteen, Vai, and Satch explored the possiblities even further. We should always keep an ear open to new developments on this wonderful instrument. This to me, demonstrates true love for the guitar.

hey , looking for an experienced guitar teacher to guide me. ive been playing for 6 yrs.... would like to explore funk,jazz,fusion ...etc... and more advanced playing techniques...
i cant read notes... but wont mind learning to read if you are willing to teach.
(im abit slow ..sorry ah )
most important is practicality and not the theory.
i live in the punggol area , so it would be really cool if you are near me. i have a full time day job. so lessons will prob be at night .

please email chanminator@hotmail.com or call me at 90223989-chanmin.
on your rates and location thank you..

ChanMin said:
hey , looking for an experienced guitar teacher to guide me. ive been playing for 6 yrs.... would like to explore funk,jazz,fusion ...etc... and more advanced playing techniques...
i cant read notes... but wont mind learning to read if you are willing to teach.
(im abit slow ..sorry ah )
most important is practicality and not the theory.
i live in the punggol area , so it would be really cool if you are near me. i have a full time day job. so lessons will prob be at night .

please email chanminator@hotmail.com or call me at 90223989-chanmin.
on your rates and location thank you..

You've played for six years, i guess you've know most of the techniques right? Learning more theory would help you explore the world of funk, jazz and other off stream genres. I recommend my guitar teacher, he lives in serangoon if i'm not wrong, he teaches me a lot of theory like Tall chords blah blah. Or you can go to allmusic and look for justin. He's good, he knows a lot of theory too.

who is your teacher? , whats the charges like?

...though i wish to learn more "about" theory... i think actually learning reading is abit time wasting as i dun really need it. im not planning on playing from a piece of paper ever. but would like to learn more knowledge about the diff chords...scales...where whole tone , where half tone...modes , maybe some cool 8 finger tapping crazy stuff.. who knows~?

so much to learn so little time.
also so little money to buy guitars... haizzz...

Back