GODS OF METAL -> METALGODZ

how come war ensemble is not playing??? they not sure who to cover this time??? maybe they can cover ronin??? just a suggestion.

No Black Sabbath...No Judas Priest...WHat about Testament atleast?? What the HELL is Slipknot and System Of A Down doing there?? GOD BLESS METAL

Die_Kurt said:
Dude, Testament were true bay-area rollers man...Thrash Metal Heavyweights...y not them instead of Slipknot

agree with you. Back by Eric Peterson palm muting fury, Alex Scholnick solos are awesome, unique and uncopied. Chuck Billy vocal rules...

I don't think a lot can cover them.....ke ke ke....too difficult. Not much awesome solos in bands today ...maybe a short spurt here and there and mostly chromatic type or fast non melodic sturcture out of musical consonance....eekks!

Lagi worst most bands today...(better don't say name) is just fast and complex palm mutting riffing! Difficult though but unexciting and when the crunch comes for the solo..anti-climax.

The past was all both riffing and awesome solos!

ctsk said:
Die_Kurt said:
Dude, Testament were true bay-area rollers man...Thrash Metal Heavyweights...y not them instead of Slipknot

agree with you. Back by Eric Peterson palm muting fury, Alex Scholnick solos are awesome, unique and uncopied. Chuck Billy vocal rules...

I don't think a lot can cover them.....ke ke ke....too difficult. Not much awesome solos in bands today ...maybe a short spurt here and there and mostly chromatic type or fast non melodic sturcture out of musical consonance....eekks!

Lagi worst most bands today...(better don't say name) is just fast and complex palm mutting riffing! Difficult though but unexciting and when the crunch comes for the solo..anti-climax.

The past was all both riffing and awesome solos!

The only local band i've seen covering Testament is metalgunz. too bad they are playing tribute to pantera at this gig, would have been great to hear some testament. :twisted:

Well, my band covers Testament alot.....we play Return To Serenity, Alone In The Dark, Into The Pit and The Haunting...this is good music, the one that makes you feel more and gives meaning to METAL as a whole!!! Bands like Slipknot and all the new-age shit sucks man!!! no substance or quality and it is a insult to the title of the show if such fag bands are covered!!!! GODS OF METAL!! god bless metal

Back