gigs anyone?

so how do we know whether our band is in the gig or not? email?sms? and when do we get the results?

ink-creation said:
Hi fellow softies,

Any talented bands want to perform at gigs? We will be doing a series of gigs starting from these February 2006.

so is this stil gona b A SERIES OF GIGS or juz a one-day thingy? :smt069

Updates Updates

final_small.jpg

here's are the confirmed bands line up:

18 February
- The Sallys
- Wasted Youth
- Waiting Clarissa
- Stygian
- Homicidal Rage
- Project Ultrasound

25 February
- Skyjuice
- Project Liquid
- Cesspit
- German Suplex
- Soup Of The Day
- Black Mail

Be there and support our local talents~!

Project Ultrasound,

would like to thanks ink-creation, ina & frends for giving us opportunity to perform at Cafe Cosmo.
Great place to gig.

thks for supporting local bands and all the best to ink-creation.

Majulah Singapura for local Bands

BR REVIEWS:

1st Session of Bands Rumble- 18th February 2006

We arrived at Cafe Cosmo around 5pm dragging our equipment in the pouring rain. Lucky for us we got an exceptional London cab driver and Ina to lift the stuffs.

Soon after, Vikki and hubby (our gracious Café Cosmo owners) arrived, we immediately started rearranging the furniture while Buk( Modus Operandi) was busy setting up the equipment. We thought the idea of putting the set to the side would create sufficient standing space but eventually, it turned out causing too many obstructions.

By 6:30pm, we already have a steady crowd waiting for the gig to start. Good news for us but thanks to the wet-blanket neighbours, we got the police checking up the place during The Sallys’ soundcheck. Thank God we were let off with a stern warning because we’re only allowed to start at 7pm!

The Sallys’ performance was overwhelming as usual even the owner enjoys it very much. They were so entertaining that they had the crowds stretched upto the corridor! Your rendition of Fiona and Kopi Dangdut really touched us! haha..

Followed by Wasted Youth, who came with their families and friends. It was great to see supportive crowds, but we STRONGLY discourage moshpit. Not trying to destroy the mood, but with such a crowded environment, we can have casualties and Bands Rumble will be out the window. It was not cool to see the microphone stands fell off , but it’s partly our fault for not having masking tapes.

However, their performance was impressive for a young punkrock band. Very engaging, indeed.

The crowd died down as Waiting Clarrisa, metal bands Stygian and Homicidal Rage performed upto 11pm. Their fans settled down for their satisfying performance but unfortunately weren’t supportive enough to stay and watch the final band, Project Ultrasound. It’s their loss, really, because Project US is exceptionally good.

And the amazing thing is, no one is thirsty! It’s pretty embarrassing for us, fellow music lovers, as we swamped the place yet nobody bought drinks.

So, here’s a reminder: 3 BEERS @ $20, 2 HOUSEPOUR @ $15, Soft drinks @ $5 per can.

But overall I must thank the crowd and the bands for make the event happen, Vikki (owner) for being understanding and lastly to Apis(skyjuice) who unintentionally became our sound technician for the night together with Buk.

Hope to see more mature, supportive crowd this week.

kudos to ink creations! =)

will be looking forward to performing in bands rumble..

cheers-

(oh, buk here btw =))

=D

hey ink creations!! gr8 gig yest!!

i was just the accidental soundman lah!! just trying to make the musicians and audience have a gd experience playing there oso!! (hope they have a gd experience, hehe)

hope the owner wasnt mad abt the bad sales dat nite, LOL!! we nid camels laa to drink, not young punks!!

BAD NEWS!!

Sad to say, we have to put the event on hold.

Too bad the people of Amoy Street, don't appreciate our multi- genre gig. Hope to get a better place.

To the bands, hope you guys understand. I'm more pissed than you guys.
Will update you guys real soon.

Peace

well...i was looking ferward for performing in this event..but sad to say, cafe cosmo didnt like the multi genre gig!!..well ina, there's always a better place to hold a better gig..it isnt your fault though...its tough being in those shoes but whutheheck..maybe a better venue that cafe cosmo might attract more crowd!!>..yohoo!!

i dont think its because the ownerrs didn't like the idea of a multi-genre gig but rather the fact that over 100 attendees didn't bought a single thing from them.

But then again, $5 per can of soft drin??? Goodness, a hawker shop just opposite is selling 5 times lesser than that price.

But nonetheless, great gig.

Hey guys,

the peeps at cafe cosmo are nice folks, I don't think its necessary to diss them cos of whatever reasons there could be for future gigs not happening there.

In the meantime, all the best for the next few shows, good job bringing all the genres together man!

Maybe a lil more publicity would be good? I didn't quite know about this gig until it was over.

All the best!

man ... i was so very anticipated... but wat the hell... i'll still come 2 bands rumble... i don care bout the venue,,, playe at old folks home also can...

Hey...

Hey hey..!!

Thanks for the feedback. I don't really get to snap nice shot cos it's quite crowded.

I don't know what actually went wrong, but whatever lah. Sometime we just have to tolerate all these hyprocrites. Have to be professional mah!

All my effort and money have gone wasted.

By the way, our 2nd session will be on this friday, 3rd Mar from 6-10pm @ I.J Studio- 113 Eunos Ave 3, Level 6, Gordon Industrial Building( behind singpost).

It's still free admission BUT inkcreations will be selling some refreshments @$2. Profits earned will be used to cover costs that have been coughed up.

Spread the word and support this event aights.

Line up:
German Suplex- Rock
Soup Of The Day- Punk
Rhetorical Theory- Metal
Skyjuice- Rock
Exothermica- Hard Rock/ Metal
Gazss- Modern Rock (Not confirm)

2nd session of Bands Rumble @ I.J Studio

Reached I.J late, about 6.10pm. Lucky for us, Soup of the day called in last minute and told us the would be there by 7pm. Big bummer for us there’s no supporters and it’s already past 6pm!!

So, last minute changes were made, and finally Exothermica/ Impeerical kicked off the show at 0645pm with their impressive old- metal rock covers.

Crowd started to settle down to Soup Of The Day ‘All- originals’ session.

Next up, was our well- known Skyjuice and Rhetorical Theory who rocked their fans and even had a happening moshpit going on.

Lastly, the bros from German Suplex entertained us with their soothing grooves as we chill- out to the end of the night.

Stupendous performance from all the bands! Two thumbs up!

Yet, we wish crowd turnout could be better.

No worries, we will do more publications and advertising, but do support us for the 2 upcoming sessions on Friday!

Latest posts

Back