Firebox help!

robberie

Hi,
I just got an imac i heard it's supposed to be plug and play with the firebox but i just can't get it to sync. The light goes blue for a while then turns red. I've tried for days but to no avail, would really appreciate some help.
Thanks a lot!!

try changing firewire cables, try it on another friend's imac, try plugging in the power adapter together with the firewire instead of bus power.
try trying.

gd luck troubleshooting

hey thanks for your response. i tried the same firewire cable and the same firebox on my macbook pro. it works. =/ it doesnt sync with my imac with or without the power adapter. could it be that the power source is not enough? cause i have like 2 soapbars/power extensions (8 extra sockets) running out of one power point only. sadly, my room only has one powerpoint.

if that doesn't help it might be the feared firewire chipset issue..since your imac is new and your mbp presumably older...in which case, don't think there's much you can do..or you can try to google..seen similar problems by other ppl..

like what jem007 has mentioned, now it's plug and pray...

hope it's not a hardware problem issue, a good bet to troubleshoot would be to bring your firebox to a friend's place and try install on his.

Back