Festival For A Future - 6th July 2008 At Glass Pavilion With Very Good Bands!!!!!!!!!

don't mean to spoil your fun but you're both wrong >_>

Daryl:

"using an oxymoron in an oxymoronic way"

To do so would be simply to use an oxymoron as it is intended to be used. Insults are used in insulting ways.

What you probably meant is that it's IRONIC to use an oxymoron involving volume to name a band. It is ironic to name something that is meant to make music, silent.

But it is not an oxymoron, because it relates two different entities. Oxymorons are SELF-contradicting.

Freemansland:

An oxymoron is not a negative connotation- you can just as easily call it a positive connotation, because it will have both. Poor rich girl. Sober drunkard.

There is no such thing as an oxymoron within an oxymoron, because that would require you to have two entities within one statement. Your reasoning of double negatives is perfectly sound, but your premise is wrong.

:)

I hope I didn't confuse anybody there! Deafening Silence is a really awesome band, Cass's vocals and stage presence are awesome! EDIT: (the following sentence is to be read with much sarcasm, and the prior knowledge that Quiet Riot is a bloody awesome glam rock/metal band) And what kind of silly band name is "Quiet Riot" anyway?

Last edited:
Whoa, Visa just insulted the band founded by Randy Rhoads. He's going to get struck by lightning, for sure.

emg-rocks & ahkiatt:

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE! I love Quiet Riot man! My point is that a band doesn't need to be restricted or defined by its name alone! Maybe I would have had better effect if I said "The Beatles" or "The Rolling Stones"...

but of course!

going down, party time
all my friends are gonna be there too

Hey Mama! Look at me
I'm on my way to the promised land

To daryl:
This account is maintain by a few people which includes the event organizers.
If you wish to speak to kaisheng, yes he will at the event.

All replies are passed down by the RGS committee.
To how to kill a muffin man:
Models are chosen from secondary schools.
There will not be soundcheck due to the insufficient time.

To Whatlahprojects:
If you wish to interview the bands, you can approach the RGS committee.
We do not have any authority over this, we are just in charge of operational,certain aspects of marketing.
20 mins is inclusive of set up time, 3 songs per band. Its just to kick off the event for the big bands.

ffaf-funeral for a friend?!

lol.anyway the initials were cool.
so like.maybe yall should have made lesser bands(those that kickstart the event) and allow more stage time.eh?not being offensive or argumentative.anyway.

great job organisers.

Back