Fender Strat??

tsunami

Would any of you recommend me a Fender Strat, year and model
(cost around 1000 Sing)? If possible, please state the pros and cons of the model you recommend...... wanna learn more on blues and jazzy stuff...

Is three single coils much better than two single coil with one
humbucker?

I noticed some 3 single coils, the single coil that near the bridge
slant a little? Do you any of you know what is the purpose
of hanging the last single coil slant...

if you're looking for a cheap and good strat, go to bangkok, music concept located at world trade center and get a made in mexcio strat. Got one from there and never regretted it.

for around 1000? I would recommend a MIJ fender strat, just try em as each of us have different taste on what a "nice strat" is.

the slanted bridge pickup was designed to enhance the treble range if im not wrong

go to peninsular and swee lee and just try everything.. something will speak to you..and u will have to buy it.

yea, but if you want it cheap. thailand's the best place to go or if you don't mind paying more, you can get the strats at swee lee that a re pretty over priced

the cost of flying to thailand would make it more expensive already doesnt it?
unless u are goin there for a trip or something I dont think its worth just to go down and get a guitar though . Juz my 0.002 cents

hey, colin88, do you happen to know any place in Chiang Rai (Thailand) that sells musical instruments? Will be going there year end. Thanks.

2nd hand

Hey dude,

If you don't mind 2nd hand axe, you might wanna check out Luther Music's Classified Ad page :)

i kinda like the look of Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster. Have not try it yet.... its going at 1200 ++

From Subs review... rating is good

Re: 2nd hand

dont mind if its second hand..... but i myself is not very experience is choosing a second hand guitar... hate to end up with some crappy stuff.. for second hand product... what are the things i should look out for...

neuro182 said:
Hey dude,

If you don't mind 2nd hand axe, you might wanna check out Luther Music's Classified Ad page :)

Hmm

One good thing I learnt -> Pls test the guitar b4 buying even if itd a 2nd hand guitar. I got whooped hard on my face when I bought a spoilt 2nd hand JEM Jr from this guy who refuse to admit the truth until I got it inspected at Guitar Connection :) Oh yah, that is a good place for 2nd hand Strat. You can try your luck there -> It's at Exclesior Hotel basement., just beside Maestro.

the Aero Fenders are 'fusion' Fenders- they have a good mix of the classic & the contemporary 8)

if you are in for a mex strat, this satin Std model, is above average to say the least:

List: $1,050
511275.jpg

What do you mean by mex strat though??

Are those Fender (satin Std model) made in USA??

subversion said:
the Aero Fenders are 'fusion' Fenders- they have a good mix of the classic & the contemporary 8)

if you are in for a mex strat, this satin Std model, is above average to say the least:

List: $1,050
511275.jpg

tsunami said:

I suppose he meant Mexican Strats.
Nope those Fender Satin standards are not made in USA .

Re: Hmm

Did you whack the guy's ass... hee hee.. kidding.. Yah.. speaking of inspection, do the guitar shop charge you a small fees for it... since its a second hand guitar from outside... Dont think they will inspect for you right...

neuro182 said:
One good thing I learnt -> Pls test the guitar b4 buying even if itd a 2nd hand guitar. I got whooped hard on my face when I bought a spoilt 2nd hand JEM Jr from this guy who refuse to admit the truth until I got it inspected at Guitar Connection :) Oh yah, that is a good place for 2nd hand Strat. You can try your luck there -> It's at Exclesior Hotel basement., just beside Maestro.

Oh i see... Thanks mew...

MIJ -- Made in Japan ah...

whoa... a strat not made in USA will cost around 1000 plus... sweating already...

Mew said:
tsunami said:

I suppose he meant Mexican Strats.
Nope those Fender Satin standards are not made in USA .

Back