Favourite Guitar Instrumentals

Metallica - Ktulu, Orion

RHCP Jams at slane castle

Speed metal symphony by Cacophony

cliffs of dover by eric johnson

Evil Eye, black star, far beyond the sun, basically any rising force instrumental by yngwie malmsteen

Buckethead's welcome to bucketheadland, big sur moon, alot of other stuff

Scarified, king of the monsters by racer X

The end .. lol

oh wait, shredcow's early morning jams too ... haha ...

neuro182 said:
Now one of my favorites is ShredCow's Early Morning Jams... 8)

Time to support local talent!!

man i like that jam too :D anyway mine is

1) acid rain-LTE
2) black star-YM

RHCP slane castle jams
petrucci - glasgow kiss
satch - always with me always with you
buckethead - notthingham lace
EJ - cliffs of dover

YAY RHCP's NEW ALBUM WILL BE A DOUBLE CD ALBUM GONNA BE OUT IN MARCH OR MAY YAYYYYYYY

Paul Gilbert - Technical Difficulties
Steve Vai - For The Love of God, Tender Surrender
Joe Satriani - Surfing with the alien, Bad Moon, Surfing With The Alien, Love thing, Crush of Love, Summer Song
Neil Zaza - I'm alright
Jerryl - Canon Rock
Andy Timmons - Cry For You, Electric Gypsy

mine will be heavy and catchy

Sol niger within(live trum session)-Fredrik Thordendal(meshuggah)/Morgan Argen
In Flames-Man Made God
Metallica-Call Of Ktulu
Therion-Down The Qliphothic Tunnel
Cannibal Corpse-Frantic Disembowelment(pre-vocal studio record version)

Paul Gilbert - I Understand Completely
Racer X - Viking Kong
Iron Maiden - Transylvania, Genghis Khan
Zakk Wylde - Farm Fiddlin'

Awesome stuff :D

I'll list those i like but have not yet been mentioned..

Nuno Bettencourt- Midnight express, flight of the WOUNDED bumblebee (intro to he-man woman hater), excellent use of delay overlapping.

Vai's crossroads solo, Eugene's trick bag:- that one is sentimental to me; inspired me to pick up the electric.

Kiko Loureiro- No gravity (basically Angra instrumentals) Really melodic and progressive. Like his tone too!

Any of the Stratovarius instrumentals- Stratosphere, Stratofortress (MY FAV!), Holy Light... The stuff of powermetal:- double pedals gunning down at full speed, guitars and keyboards dueling with each other and then play in harmony. Gets my pulse racing everytime :D

Bumblefoot and Buckethead's stuff are wicked too. Might not be to everyone's taste though..

Oh how can i forget?
Tony McAlpine- hundreds of thousands! 80's shred classic. I like his newer stuff too.. like the MAC albums..

Shawn Lane and Frank Gambale and the other Jazz fusionist have very cool instrumentals too. Helps me study lol.. Jazz drum solos are very very scary..

Oh yeah this one cannot forget, ever - Al DiMeola, John Mcnaughlin and Paco DeLucia's the guitar trio trilogy of albums are truly -no other word to put it- orgasmic. Its got everything a guitar instrumental should have. Sweet chords, harmonized guitars, even shred! (Yes! on a flamenco guitar!) In the live album they have a mini blues jam too.

dunno if this has been mentioned- eruption by EVH?

Oh yeah Slide thing by SRV!

Neil Zaza - Purple Rain
Andy Timmons - Cry For You
SRV - Little Wing
Steve Vai - Tender Surrender

oh yea~... and Joe Satriani - Starry Night~ simple but sweet~

ANYTHING FROM STEVE MORSE, Cliffs of Dover - Eric Johnson, The Audience is listening - Steve Vai, Surfin with the Alien - Joe Satriani, Going home - Mark Knopfler, Tommy Emmanuel's AC/DC and Anzac forces covers, Chet Akins - Sails album, Jose Feliciano - Malaguena, Pegao.

yeah....

the few memorables ones i was listening to today....

Jeff Beck - cause we've ended as lovers (<---- a great start to my day)

Rainbow - Vielleicht das Nachste Mal (Maybe Next Time) / Still i'm sad [studio ver}

Uli Roth - Sky Overture (live G3 Europe)

Michael Schenker Group - Captain Nemo

Cacophony - Speed Metal Symphony / Images

Paulo said:
the few memorables ones i was listening to today....

Jeff Beck - cause we've ended as lovers (<---- a great start to my day)

Rainbow - Vielleicht das Nachste Mal (Maybe Next Time) / Still i'm sad [studio ver}

/ Images

yEAH MAN pAUL...4GOT abt dat "cryin" jeff beck song - KENA.... Rainbow baik oso but honestly I cant stand Blackmore's attitude sometymes...

Blackmore? legendary attitude problem man - but gotta do some research to find out.... e.g interview wioth Deep Purple etc... Purple & Rainbow fans will know what I'm talking about..

hehe true fgl. Blackmore's blues+ethnic+neo-classical was a 1st in rock music since album, Deep Purple in Rock. his feel is timeless. he's found peace with himself, playing renaissance/medieval music with Blackmore's Night, mainly acoustic. age hasn't stopped him from improving. still a major inspiration of mine.

Losfer words - Iron Maiden

Bombay Vindhaloo - Dream Theater [live at the Marquee]

Before the Storm - Blues Saraceno

Difficult to cure - Rainbow

Back