Fav food

amnesiac said:
yup, it's sad that so many of those bands aren't around anymore, like GN'R, Skid Row, LA Guns, Warrant etc..

Dude, you'll be surprised that some of these bands are STILL together after all these years! In fact, some of them had never ever split up, they're just playing smaller venues now! Do a search on the internet, man! :lol:

Warrant - The band had "a sort of reunion" with original lead guitarist Joey Allen and drummer Steven Sweet rejoining main-stayers bassist Jerry Dixon and guitarist Erik Turner back in the band now. The only one out of the band now is singer Jani Lane who had decided to go solo. The singer of the band is now Jamie St. James of Black n' Blue fame.
Link: http://www.warrantweb.net/

Skid Row - Now with a new singer Johnny Solinger and drummer Dave Gara, the band still consists of guitarists Dave "The Snake" Sabo & Scotti Hill and bassist Rachel Bolan. They released a pretty modern-sounding album last two years ago, which I thought was still a rather good album though. A new album is being planned for later this year or early next year.
Link: http://www.skidrow.com/

L.A. Guns - Guitarist Tracii Guns and drummer Steve Riley had been keeping the band together all these years with different lineups of singers and bassists. However Tracii is now no longer in the band & rather opts to concentrate his attention on Brides of Destruction. L.A. Guns now consists of singer Phil Lewis, guitarist Stacey Blades (from Roxx Gang), bassist Adam Hamilton and drummer Steve Riley. The band in fact just released an excellent brand new album called "Tales From The Strip".
Link: http://www.laguns.net/
Link: http://www.bridesofdestruction.com/

hahahahahhha... i remembered all those "LA Sunsetstrip" bands (i think that's what they were called then), LA guns, faster pussycat, warrant, etc... i still have their cassettes at my mom's place! heheheheh... too mouldy to play tho. heheeheheh... there was n article (or rumour) in the 80's in Raw or Hit Parader rock magazine abt the guitars in Warrant's album (cherry something i think) was done by sessionists. dunno if its true or lies...

ok, back to the makan topic...

nasi goreng kampung, and the nasi goreng cina daging merah at "Al-Ameen" is the best. and i love the carrot cake and laksa at "Cahaya" at Far East too. the auntie there is friendliest, love her lots...

echoist said:
there was n article (or rumour) in the 80's in Raw or Hit Parader rock magazine abt the guitars in Warrant's album (cherry something i think) was done by sessionists. dunno if its true or lies...

Yes it's true. But that album would be the debut album called "Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich", and not "Cherry Pie". The band has since admitted in interviews that yes, they did had Mike Slamer (who also happened to be guitarist Joey Allen's teacher) to play some of the guitar parts and solos on that album. The reason they gave was inexperience in the studio and insufficient time as well. :lol:

I used to buy Metal Edge every month last time and still follow the news of those bands til now. Hahaha...darn, am I showing my age already?!

Oh yeah... back to makan topic. Sorry for the thread-jacking.

hey, since u love those bands, u should try listening to the local band Ronin. they sounded like LA Guns+GnR+Faster Pussycat mixed. i've listened to their tracks online, it sounds great, u might like it too... i've not bought their CD tho. http://myspace.com/ronin

ok back to makan now...

another great place is the ABC food centre at Jalan Bukit Merah. its behind IKEA at alexandra. most of the food there is very good. especially the nasi/mee goreng store with the Golden Tooth mamak. (he have golden teeth!) and the malay kueh stall too. and there is a stall selling mix-rice/nasi padang called Nusantara which is very cheap and very good! the chinese "kueh kacang" stall a the back is great too!

echoist said:
hey, since u love those bands, u should try listening to the local band Ronin. they sounded like LA Guns+GnR+Faster Pussycat mixed. i've listened to their tracks online, it sounds great, u might like it too... i've not bought their CD tho. http://myspace.com/ronin

Yeah, I've checked them out. Good band! Am pretty impressed with them. Hope to catch some gigs of them one day!

Makan... The indian food stall facing the Harbour Front bus interchange. POWER! :supz:

Hey you hard rock loving dudes! I was wondering if you know of this band called Hardline. Formed by Neal Schon (Journey/Bad English), they released an album in 1992 called Double Eclipse on MCA Records. I just thought that this is a forgotten gem of a hard rock album. Even though it was released in the 90s, it sounds like a bonafide classic 80s hard rock. I first heard Ann Neo (Perfect 10's resident rock deejay then) played their single Takin' Me Down on the radio and then bought the cassette, but I manage to hunt down the CD for this album last year and it never leaves my CD album case, cos let's face it, it rocks! Just thought I let you guys know about this band...

Oh yeah, let's move on with the food thing. I really dig the hainanese chicken rice at Bukit Bintang, KL. The krabu mangga is TANFASTIC!! I'm in heaven when I eat there...

judaspiss said:
Hey you hard rock loving dudes! I was wondering if you know of this band called Hardline. Formed by Neal Schon (Journey/Bad English), they released an album in 1992 called Double Eclipse on MCA Records. I just thought that this is a forgotten gem of a hard rock album. Even though it was released in the 90s, it sounds like a bonafide classic 80s hard rock. I first heard Ann Neo (Perfect 10's resident rock deejay then) played their single Takin' Me Down on the radio and then bought the cassette, but I manage to hunt down the CD for this album last year and it never leaves my CD album case, cos let's face it, it rocks! Just thought I let you guys know about this band...

Hardline was an OK band! But at least they rocked harder than the sappy Bad English! :lol: "Double Eclipse" was a good album as well. They released a 2nd album called "Hardline II" in 2002 but without Neal Schon and also with a different lineup. Only the Gioeli brother remains.

Check out the link here : http://www.doubleeclipse.com/home.html

By the way, where did Ann Neo go... I missed that girl! She was the only one then playing rock music faithfully and even had a weekend slot called "Rock On One" or something.

FISH HEAD CURRY! Along Serangoon, Bt Timah or any where that are spicy, hot and yummy! Slurp!

maybe i should try human head curry...wonder how it taste like? :roll:

DontDeRockMe said:
By the way, where did Ann Neo go... I missed that girl! She was the only one then playing rock music faithfully and even had a weekend slot called "Rock On One" or something.

Who knows where she is now. Probably settled down to become a rock n roll housewife. I doubt most current Perfect 10 listeners would have even heard of her, but definitely not to us -- the cassette buying rockers generation.....

She was definitely the one of the champions of rock music on local radio at the time. All hail...

Faster Pussycat : Dude yup, i know that Skid Row and some of the rest are still alive, but i miss the times when they all were in their original line up. In my opinion, Skid Row without Sebastian Bach is like eating fish head curry without the fish head haha. I just wish that these guys would settle their differences and get back together again. Oh well, guess that's quite impossible for now.

amnesiac said:
Faster Pussycat : Dude yup, i know that Skid Row and some of the rest are still alive, but i miss the times when they all were in their original line up. In my opinion, Skid Row without Sebastian Bach is like eating fish head curry without the fish head haha. I just wish that these guys would settle their differences and get back together again. Oh well, guess that's quite impossible for now.

Yea me too. Skidrow will nv be the same again without bach. Their latest album sounds grunge, so different from the ex-skidrow style.

Lombardo said:
amnesiac said:

Yea me too. Skidrow will nv be the same again without bach. Their latest album sounds grunge, so different from the ex-skidrow style.

Yeap, Bach was good for the band then but I guess he just pissed off the whole band with his primadonna Diva-ish attitude. And being from New Jersey, that was not what the rest of the band was about... so can't blame them for not wanting to continue with Bach. In fact, the band was offered alotta money to get Bach back a few years back but they decided that happiness and respect for each other are more important than the money offered.

If you all miss Sebastian Bach, he can be found in Gilmore Girls, Sunday 6pm, channel 5.

This has been a public service announcement.
Thank you.
:D

judaspiss said:
If you all miss Sebastian Bach, he can be found in Gilmore Girls, Sunday 6pm, channel 5.

Wah piang... I saw that! And somemore he was a lead guitarist on that show!... Irony is that he can't even play guitar to save his life! :lol:

Makan : There's one steak house restaurant at Bugis St... kinda near a malay Nasi Padang place. Can't really recall the name but the steak is pretty good.

Latest posts

Back