Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Les Paul

ditto.

would add Duncan's Distortion to the list.

however, keep in mind that if you look forward to replace the active unit's raunchy top end with a passive unit's performance, you are on the wrong track.

hydrogencynide said:
to be honest... i didnt know anything about its endorser before... from first view.. it looks kind of cool to be though. Btw, although active EMGS do sound better, the passive EMGS are quite good too... i had those before.

just my 1 cent worth

There are passive EMGs?

pooo said:
Yea sylvester poses with one and shit... and it's for that reason that i distatse the guitar immensely..

But well, let's not let that issue taint this thread. There are other threads around which were created for that purpose.

haha y did u distatse the guitar?
when i saw that, i was like OMG, y a zakk wylde LP?
y not any other lespaul or strat or his own guitar?

theblueark said:
hydrogencynide said:
to be honest... i didnt know anything about its endorser before... from first view.. it looks kind of cool to be though. Btw, although active EMGS do sound better, the passive EMGS are quite good too... i had those before.

just my 1 cent worth

There are passive EMGs?
]
yep the EMG HZ, but i never liked their passive line.

haha... but alexi got quite an alright tone too.... but if u are really interested in putting EMGS in the LP, do tell the person doing the pickup swap to connect it in a way that it uses 2 batteries. u will know why after u do that :D

as far as i remember... EMG-81 is 140 dollars.. i got my SA for 120 if i didnt remember wrongly. the rest should be about the same price i guess.. except for EMG-89 as it features a coil tap feature.

Back