Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Les Paul

gaderel_dathamonga said:
That sylvester thing really is a major turn off.... Issit a good idea to get a normal les paul and slap in the emgs? i think it would be cheaper also..
y not? afterall with EMGs in there, there wont be any difference.

i think the guitar mentioned is more popularly known to be used by sim rather than zak wylde in singapore..like,if u gig with it,more secular chicks will be screaming ,'OMG,HE'S USING THE SAME MODEL SYLVESTER SIM USED IN THE 7-ELEVEN AD!!!'...

note: sly didnt plug in and the guitar had some sounds. Anyway poooo, because of the ad I had great distaste as well. Lol.. The ad was the joke of the mth during my bmt days..

sly the "rocker" ironically being the most unrock person in the guitar playing commitee.

The 6 year old drummer at Orchard is more rock than him.

Mew said:

Dude, the way i interpret that, is that you're saying active EMGs sound the same in any guitar. The way i see things, that common belief, it isn't true. EMGs do sound different in different guitars. Whether or not you use 9v or 18v plays a part in overall sound as well.

pooo said:
Mew said:

Dude, the way i interpret that, is that you're saying active EMGs sound the same in any guitar. The way i see things, that common belief, it isn't true. EMGs do sound different in different guitars. Whether or not you use 9v or 18v plays a part in overall sound as well.
i have tried the 60/85 combo in both the standard and the zakk wylde and I do not hear any diff, could be my ears.

Lifehouse said:
note: sly didnt plug in and the guitar had some sounds. Anyway poooo, because of the ad I had great distaste as well. Lol.. The ad was the joke of the mth during my bmt days..

the sound came from a pro who actually knew how to play in the band

why would anyone be attracted to this guitar? is it the endorser's appeal/ tone/ feel/ plaability? i've nothing against this guitar, just looking for some frank opinions. thanks in advance.

i guess most ppl would buy it bcos if the wylde-man.. but i would rather get an epi standard and slap a pair of active emgs in instead..

subversion said:
why would anyone be attracted to this guitar? is it the endorser's appeal/ tone/ feel/ plaability? i've nothing against this guitar, just looking for some frank opinions. thanks in advance.

sub, I guess it's because everyone so turned off by the endorser :p

subversion said:
i actually love the feel of the unfinished neck. and also the fact that it is Maple instead of Mahagony. the fact that the guitar is built around Zakk's spec does not hurt also.

swee lee. I looked at it once, tried it once. What a beauty. With the MEG pickups. FUH! :lol:

SherT said:
I think he's referring to Sly sub. 8)

i think the people here make convenient assumptions- is Sylvester Sim an official Epiphone endorser? if he is, then Epi might have ommited his name from their endorser roster, because there isn't such a person. i hope he is not associated with the Epi name further; buying an Epi & using it in a photo shoot doesn't make one an endorser.

i have nothing against him, but i'm not his fan either. i hope there's no further discussions about him, the other Sylvester thread got outta hand & locked.

to be honest... i didnt know anything about its endorser before... from first view.. it looks kind of cool to be though. Btw, although active EMGS do sound better, the passive EMGS are quite good too... i had those before.

just my 1 cent worth

IMO the EMG hype is kinda overblown at times. yes, they are ferocious pickups for distortion-based tone but there are countless others (passive units included) which are as good/ better.

Back