Epiphone SG or Les Paul Custom ?

BlackKunji

Hey guys, I'm going to get a guitar very soon but I'm not sure which guitar to pick. I've a budget of 1000dollars. Please help me. Epiphone SG or Les Paul Custom? Which is better? If there's other guitars within my budget, please list them! My budget includes the amps and stuff. Thanks !!!

SG = neck heavy
Les Paul = body heavy

I don't wanna go further in detail..but that might make you think abit :D

If your $1000 includes an amp, you probably won't be able to get a LP custom.. Unless it's second hand.
Lotsa good gear in the buy/sell section :)

G77 sells their LP custom for 939 with amp and other stuff. But recently, I find that SG looks nice but I'm not sure whether which one to buy.

HELL YEAH, kicked off the drummer's raised stage. struck the chord. screwed the hip. kept a straight face for the rest of the song with only walking around. HAHA.

smart right?

anyway, blackkunji, sg's and lp's are baskcally identical, its merely the body shape, sg's were the cause of "i want something that sounded like a lespaul but has a lighter body" the tone is somewhat affected, but ideally, rather similar. your call.

That's heavy. It's like carrying a bag of rice and jump around. What is a free setup when you buy a guitar from a guitar shop?

the gibson les paul is around 4.5kg, from the specs ive read somewhere.

only the epiphone lp custom is about that weight, its as close to the feel of a gibson you're going to get from an epiphone.

as stated above, i was dumb enough to jump with one. dont complain about weight. i carry over 15kg to jams/gigs. and im sure theres people here who carry heavier rigs.

anyway, get a pro to do the trussrod for you. too much and you'd cause permanent damage to the neck. im sure g77 will set it up for you FOC if you get it from them.

i have 2 LPs and 3 SGs, they play and feel differently.
i got 1 more SG on the way :p

anyway, as always, go try them first and see which you prefer.

Back