EDGE III help

shaox

I was planning to get the RG320FM and it comes equipped with EDGEIII. Im just curious.... if i rarely use the tremolo, it wont go out of tune much would it? I want the RG320FM for the flamed maple btw and probably occasional use of the tremolo. On top of that, the pots are easily switched out right? Thanks.

The Edge III is a stable bridge. No worries there. Unless you whammy hard the strings should stay in relative tune. Pots? What do you mean pots? You wanna swap the potentiometers?

if you don't whammy much, i'd rather you acquire the SA260 which has a similar maple laminate top. it's less hassle with the SAT bridge...

SA260FM_GA_1A_01.jpg

i mean the volume/tone knobs. i heard they are low quality ones and the color wears out really fast. I'm more interested in the rg320 still as i love the feel of the rg.

Man, a pot is a pot man. If that were the case, all of us would be requesting custom potentiometers and wiring jobs for each of our guitars. Makes little difference. Only TYPE of pot (i.e. audio, linear) .

Ah KNOBS! Sure.. feel free to interchange between colours and styles as you wish... they're perfectly swappable, and can be done yourself.

is there any way to take out the knots? i tried use bare hands but cant, i gotta use a flat head screwdriver and act my guitar body as a pivot and push the knot out, but i tried once and it made a deep dent on my pickguard :( is there any correct way on doing tat?

take a rag or something, wrap it around the knob, tuck the cloth below the knob, grab hard and pull

classics said:
is there any way to take out the knots? i tried use bare hands but cant, i gotta use a flat head screwdriver and act my guitar body as a pivot and push the knot out, but i tried once and it made a deep dent on my pickguard :( is there any correct way on doing tat?

u need to use a piece of card below the screwdriver.

in general, the cloth method works much better.

take note that there are metal knobs that are attach to the pots by tiny screw or allen key...u need to loosen those first...

shaox said:
... i heard they are low quality ones and the color wears out really fast...quote]

Sometimes, no actually, all the time, make sure what you hear... ain't some myth.

Anyway, the Edge III is fine... not the best but stable... it can be interchanged with a better licensed floyd rose like the OFR or Gotoh.

I thought size of the EDGE III is different from that of OFR's etc and they wont fit into the EDGE III slot? And how much would it cost to change the trem to a good one?

If it doesn't fit, you've gotta route the cavity. Cost could be around 80 or more. Just a rough gauge.

It is different... in fact, its larger. :)

But of course, the OFR or licensed floyds has differences to the Edge III.. there might be problems.. but minor ones... As per what poo said, its $80 to do minor routing.

And man, don't start thinking of upgrading to a different trem right away, play with the Edge III then decide if its good enough for you or not.

If you want to upgrade, I recommend the Gotoh Licensed Floyd Rose... abt 250SGD excluding shipping.

i've got the gotoh too! recommend it man...superb FR hardly goes out of tune! very smooth also!

OT for a while.... you guys know where i can get really nice knobs? The ones at Davis are nice, but they're always the same. Need some fresh designs... hehehe.

Latest posts

Back