Dressing Punk or HIP HOP!

speaking of poseurs, i've got a fren who was into hip hop.
then, just bcoz he heard cradle's castlevania, he labels himself gothic.
like, wtf?

ok, something out of topic.
i realised that most of the "music-cultured ppl" are mostly malays. hip hop, my skool is full of em. then at gigs, i can say most of the ppl there are malays. so like, what the heck is happening man.
(yet i'm one of them. haha.)
so aniwae, its just something to think abt.

jus dress what you feel comfy most in. Well if you feel you're comfy and looks good in those jacket or whatever it is, go ahead. Well.. each of us have diff view in what other people dresses.. but we cant stop them right. Hmm all we can do is to compliment or in another case critizise them.

If you're daring to wear certain clothes then please be daring enough to recieve whatever comments, be it good or bad. After all you dress to let other view your dresscode.

But nowadays people are wearing weird stuffs all over... but again.. we can only comment on them :evil:

anep said:
i realised that most of the "music-cultured ppl" are mostly malays. hip hop, my skool is full of em. then at gigs, i can say most of the ppl there are malays. so like, what the heck is happening man.
(yet i'm one of them. haha.)
so aniwae, its just something to think abt.

I think... it's because there isn't much malay-pop? I mean, I'm generalizing like crazy here, but alot of the bengs and lians listen to nothing but mainstream pop, chinese pop, mando/jap/cantonese whatever. Indians and tamilehs tend to listen to nothing but tamil music.

Maybe? Just offering a possible explanation. I'm indian myself.

Hahahah you guys are hilarious. personally i hate labels..so people who claim to be punk rock or goth (especially) ...ew.

but just by observation along orchard rd..i think all those little children who dress in chains, spikes, converse, tartan pants, lots of ear/body studs, wearing "OMG ROCK ON" black t shirts and walk in a small swaggering bunch..dont really know the music as much as they like.

The most punk rock people I know dress normally. hell they dont even look like they are punk rock, but man, they're walking dictionaries.

Thanks people for those response. However lets stay true to the thread and answer exactly how to dress punk or hip hop.

Haha i'm not looking for some political answers just simple straightfoward answers to get me done for a themed party. Lol

I dress more towards the punk side without those killa metal chains or spikes. lol

a lil off topic here....

some of those posers who listen to metal/punk/hip hop thinks they have to dress like the stars....but hey , if u go to a metallica , megadeth concert , u dun see people wearing chains or all that shit. Taking Metallica and Megadeth
for example , the guys dress normally dun they?
sorry for the comparison...i cant find any better ones....:p

mattleesc said:
Vaiyen said:
heheh...EVERYONE should visit this site:
http://museum-of-twits.blogspot.com/

gosh i know those people from my old school. thats embrasssing

i don't really like that site. that flaming post is kind of bothering to me. but whatever.
not relevant: http://junk-feud.com/
does anyone understand this saying? i don't, need some explanation...
"People demand freedom of speech to make up for freedom of thought which they avoid."

17wil said:
for example , the guys dress normally dun they?
sorry for the comparison...i cant find any better ones....:p
They do? OMG I THOUGHT THEY WEAR HArDcOreXxx blacK lEaThEr MAnX...
All fanboys are guilty of overdressing... not just punks, emos, hip hoppers...

I love that site...it's darn entertaining! Have you lost your sense of humour??
I think the people behind that website are a very funny and witty bunch, even though they're kinda mean-spirited and generalize a lot, heheh.

Narcoleptia said:
but just by observation along orchard rd..i think all those little children who dress in chains, spikes, converse, tartan pants, lots of ear/body studs, wearing "OMG ROCK ON" black t shirts and walk in a small swaggering bunch..dont really know the music as much as they like.

yeah tell me about it. i usually chill wit the punks outside the DBS bank at borders there. n sometimes, another friend of mine n i wld pop by far east, n we wld see loads of em small kids donnin their leather jackets wit spikes n studs. hell my leather jacket doesnt even have spikes or studs. but what irks me the most is when i just, like, casually ask what punk means to them, their answer wld be, "punk ar..? punk is all about anarchy la. fighting, rioiting, bat the cops up." that is nothing but bullshit.

angusyoung said:
casually ask what punk means to them, their answer wld be, "punk ar..? punk is all about anarchy la. fighting, rioiting, bat the cops up." that is nothing but bullshit.
Hahahahahhaa! All no balls to do still say... :lol:
The word "Punk" has truly lost it's meaning... :D

Punk was a 70s anti-establishment movement that started in the UK. It was about pointing the middle finger to the burecracy and the establishment. The whole point of it was to be different and be free from the "clutches of the oppressive establishment", and hence the outrageous dressing and hairdos just to stand out from the crowd. If u listen to the music by Sex Pistols and The Clash, u will get the idea.

But nowadays, due to popularity of the "Pop Punk", people have jumped to the bandwagon and try to dress like punks as well. I remember readin a news article where the reporter ask a girl who dressed like a punk what her fav punk bands were, and she replied:"Good Charlotte and Simple Plan". And the reporter ask her if she knew the Ramones, and she replied:"Who are they? Never heard of them". This is very sad indeed.

I heard about that before too. i think.
hey, what about green day's video: jesus of surburia (sp?)

i think purple hair is nice.

hmmm personally I never really understood the classification of music and how it works. heh. as for dressing punk/hip hop--all I can say is, if you are trying to dress to fit a genre the marketing worked damn well.
respect to those who said, "it's in the HEART". those 4 words explain everything.

damn. i only know emo dressing man.

a shirt 1 size too small. skinny jeans. messy (or sometimes greasy) long hair and the specs. gotta remember the specs.

and brood in a corner. hehehe. okla. kidding la.

i think there are different kinds of punks. as in the dressing style. some of them are the band-wearing people. with leather wristbands and eyeliner (or maybe not) and converse/vans shoes. and the other kind? i kinda forgot.

does it really matter? what you wear to show how much you appreciate or are into the particular genre? i just wear t-shirt and jeans man. punk, indie, emo, rock, classical or not.

Back