Dear Mr Bitter Liberty - Pls dont devalue local musicians!!

Hi gargle,

No fret, something already in the pipeline. The anticipated RR 05/06 will commence planning soon, do hop on as soon as it announced. I think with early planning, more heads helping, this year could be even better. This is a Soft members very own initiative, with the goals exactly as you mentioned above.

The union thing is a very good thing, as long as everyone in it is honest, proactive and willing to set aside differences to work towards a common goal.
2 decades ago, unions in the west had a bad name, due to corruption and mafia style working. Many a honest industrialists were victimised. We must stay clear from those elements.

Anyway, we are also keeping our fingers crossed, for our dreams to be realised. From the sound of your enthuesism, when the time come, do be part of it, you are needed. Cheers. :wink:

I share the same sentiments as Gargle about Union, referred to in my previous post. I guess I will introduce a fresh element into this matter and hopefully the the context is congruent.

It is good that the community should recognise the reality of squabbles and disunity before it all begins. The music community at large, not only among the few active members in this forum, has yet to find a leader that they would happily surrender their loyalty to for the betterment of the whole.

Populace movements historically nails down to one person, and the aspirations and hope of the community are largely similar, therefore it is not difficult to gel the community the moment that one person emerges. Several here have presented themselves as that possible person to gel the community, but it remains status quo. Perhaps the time is not ripe. Perhaps the person is able but not ready and willing. Or perhaps that person has not really emerge yet. How do we identify that person?

What kind of person is capable of standing up and defending the welfare of this music community? Let's take this to a different thread and perhaps Gargle or Mikemann, or even James may want to start it.

Unions?

Actually i am not fully convinced of the need to set up a union for the very reasons stated by Mikeman - i.e. the who will lead it etc.

I'm more for the community helping itself through collective action. No need to create a structure when there may not be a need for one.

Back