Data Recovery??

mogui_666

okok...this may sound totally stupid.

I was formatting my C drive and i accidentally format my H drive. And my H drive contain all my past compositions, samples, Reason Refills, music notes and tutorials video.

Dont ask me about back up...cause i am a lazy fat arse that dont do back up.

So anybody got any good and FREE data recovery software to intro?

if not then i am going to shoot myself!!!

Advance Thanks

Hi shel_keys,

thanx for the help man. But I still cant retrive the stuff...

any other software??

thanks=)

Hi digihub00,

thanks for the advice. But i think the service confirm damn expensive one.

I am low on vitamin M, man...

Thank anyway=)

Do a google search. You'll find quite a few data retrieval software. The free ones - not sure of their ability to retrieve all data. Better ones are paid ones. So sorry to hear of your misfortune.

A word of caution - always back up your data. Acronis is a good software to invest in. Saved me a couple of times already.

Hi Cheez,

thanx for the advice. I have try a few open source data recovery software but it just dont work.

anyway thanx for the help=)

Hi digihub00,

thanks for the advice. But i think the service confirm damn expensive one.

I am low on vitamin M, man...

Thank anyway=)

Did you do a full or quick format. If its a quick format there is quite a chance you can recover data. If its a full format, then the chances are slim...

the story is like this:

when i am formatting my c drive in the 'blue' screen page, then suddenly dont know how, its jump to my H drive and started formatting my H drive. So when i see that I quickly eject the Windows XP disc....

lets fast forward a little...so once i format my C drive, i try to go into H drive, when i double click on it. its come out with a msg like:" H drive is not properly format. Pleas format H drive." So i lan lan have to click on the fast format and tats it....All my 100G of data all gone!!!

Can somebody give me a gun....so i can shot myself in the head!!!

thanks for the link man.

I have send them email asking them for the prices...hope it will be affordable

Thank you blueprintstudios=)

yeah finally recover all my data!!!

thanks you everybody for all your advice.

How i recover my data?

i get my hands on file scavenger 3 and do a data recovery. I got to say, this software is damn gd...cost around S$65 and get the job done easily.

Thanks again everybody=)

eh...dont get me wrong man. I dont work for that company. just want to share some knowledge with everybody.

hi pal,

maybe this can help u a bit. one yr ago i was like u, i accidently formatted a wrong drive, then i went to seek a help of this guy call nigel, i'll send u a private msg of his contacts. he's doing it to earn extra pocket $. anyway he work in sim lim square, just pass the harddisk to him and he'll recover for u. not sure if he still does it though. he charge me 90 i think last time LOL for a 60gig drive. u can also go to sgforums to search on data recovery. got quite a few pp are doing it haha.

hi,

opps!!! lol hahahaha, didnt know that u have already successfully recovered ur files. do be more careful in future. i rem i was so worried when i formatted the wrong hd the other time.

Hi Cheez,

thanx for the advice. I have try a few open source data recovery software but it just dont work.

anyway thanx for the help=)

no offence dude any computer tech even myself would know that once the partition is formatted theres no other way u can recover it thats why ppl recommend burning ur important files in a disc
i wonder how he did it....

err..it's actually difficult to get rid of data from a HDD. There are many specialized utilities to "completely erase" files. Software like TestDisk - CGSecurity can do recovery, it's just one big mess after the process since it's as technically deep as it gets (files have randomly-generated names and numbers). Even so, there are many tools and commands in most modern opeating systems to find and sort files according to various attributes.

The things is, when a file is deleted it is just hidden away from the OS, and new files will overwrite that particular "place" where it used to reside. It normally takes a lot of writes to that exact position to clear away any trace. For partitions, however, it's a different case. Maybe two or three previously-formatted ones can be recovered.

You can only see all your deleted file by free demo software

In the situation when we formatted our drive, but by doing so we will lost our data from that drive.

So In this situation we must first recovery our data by help of Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery.

This software provides bootable disk, when we insert this disk it will boot your machine automatically, and will show you all the volumes in the disk and after selecting the required disk we can see all the files.

We need to purchase this software to recover all the files.

So you should use free demo, if you feel fine, then you should think about the purchase.

Thanks
Birendra Singh

Back