CORT KX1F / other recommendations?

fibredrive

didn't see it at sweelee but wondering if anyone here might have tried it before by any chance and thoughts on it?
was deciding to get a humbucker guitar and the guy recommened a cort KX1, but came home and researched and found the KX1F instead. but did not see at sweelee lei. either that or my other choices are the good ol' Epi LP Std Plus, or Ibanez sz320 me thinks, or ... any others to recommend?
thks folks.

imo epi standards have dropped rock bottom, really shitty from what i saw on friday when i opened up a new fresh from the box, shitty pickups, shitty fretboard, ultra crap, same goes with the ibanez gio series, either all the guitars are like that, or all the guitars sweelee sent us were all the reject models, really pissed off about it

i didn't see the KX1F either, just saw the KX1...

anyway, i'm about to submit a review for the KX1, would like to hear opinions from owners/ players 8)

tried the KX1 at sweelee recently. i can't help but be impressed by the overall feel of it. tried it along with an SZ320, i was pretty shocked at how light it is. somehow i hear a bit more bass coming out of it, it's like you're always on the neck pickup whereas SZ320 sounded more solid, balanced to my ears. maybe has to do with the body and the pickups.

however looking at the price tag and the fact that it has default coil split, i'd say it's pretty worth it.

jus my 2 cents :D

hey jeremyrozario - u work at sweelee bb? u didn't happen to be the dude who let me try out the KX1 right...?? heh.

aanyways, i found the features really cool. sound not as what i'd expect from a H-H guitar. cost/features wise, thumbs up. sound - i dunno - not quite enuff meat i thought thash all. but then i played - gibson special - Epi LP std plus - Ibanez SZ320- Cort KX1. so, by the time i handled the cort, it sounded a little thin compared to the rest la...

thash why wanted to try out the KX1F. yah Epi LP was pretty bad shape. the quality for those on display at least, cannot make it. am not about to fork out $600 for it lor...

sweelee bringing in KX1F?

i tried the KX1 too. seems good to me for the price. ($650 list) just need a bit more set-up for it to play perfect i feel. i didn't see the KX1F too, but i was told it's $700 list. anw, i feel there won't be much different in sound/tone to the KX1 as the flamed maple top on the KX1F is just a veneer.

abt the sz320 having a thicker sound, i feel it boils down to 2 things. one is the p/u's (the SD licensed pair) and the scale of the guitar. the sz320 is 25" scale (like a prs) whereas the KX1 is 25.5" like a fender. scale length affect the tone too.

wad abt the schecter c1 classic? quite value for money too.. i think distortion wise it sounds more tight than the sz320 but not as wide.. or may juz be the tweaking.. scale length of 25.5 too tho

but schecter c1 sg dun have. was thinking abt it too. and i think blows my budget by a bit. but its a darned nice guitar...shucks..

almondx said:
wad abt the schecter c1 classic? quite value for money too.. i think distortion wise it sounds more tight than the sz320 but not as wide.. or may juz be the tweaking.. scale length of 25.5 too tho
i don't have the slightest idea actually. have not got the chance to lay my hands on them... so, i can't comment... i think G77 carry schecters, maybe they have them.

almondx said:
arh i thought guitar77 bring in de? and i forgot hu on soft owns one sia

yah they got some schecters but not the C1 series. it was supposed to come in like months ago but never came through dunno what happened...

i m thinking of acquiring the KX series too. seems more for rock than the M series. would like to hear more opinions about it.

echoist said:
abt the sz320 having a thicker sound, i feel it boils down to 2 things. one is the p/u's (the SD licensed pair) and the scale of the guitar. the sz320 is 25" scale (like a prs) whereas the KX1 is 25.5" like a fender. scale length affect the tone too.

em, the SZ has a 25.1" scale length actually... 8)

hmmm and guitar77 has yet to reply to my email after a week >.< so i resent it thinking tt maybe they missed it or something.. anyone from guitar77 here?

went to SweeLee sims drive today and tried out the KX1F finally. they didn't display it but took it out for me on request. very accomodating!
nice colour, flame veneer maple top looks great. setup not done cos it was fresh out of box but sound wise i compared it to a epi lp std and kinda preferred the LP still. looks and feel i'd say the kx1f is a winner in my books. but sound, i'd still take the LP. has more guts somehow...
i was playing thru the JSX tube amp so kinda found it real hard to tear myself away from the thing...it was such a sweet amp thru 4x12 peavey cabs. next on the list...kekeke

now im working for mi music school, and we have stock of the kx1 and kx1f, very affordable, and the neck access is heavenly, the humbuckers are decent, but could sure use a swapping out, the craftsmanship is extremely high, and final price is below $500, so get it now while stocks last

fibredrive said:
but sound, i'd still take the LP. has more guts somehow...

epi les paul unmodded sound very bad leh >.< u play the 2b and 1e string for the same note the difference is so big! if the sound is better than the cort i realli nothing to say..

jeremy the price $500 is for the kx1 or kx1f?

Latest posts

Back