Cheers to your Maestro Guitar

Hi Phil, I just bought SD2CE. It sounds nice, and I love the zebra wood :)

but 1 thing I'm afraid is it will be troublesome to replace the battery because the battery slot is inside the guitar body, does Maestro have any other model other than A3, with battery slot outside? If it does, can it be replaced and how much is the cost?

Thanks.

Hi there, I'm glad you like the SD2. ;)

With regards to the battery compartment, by default we install them in the guitar itself.
The rationale is to minimise the amount we are cutting out from the guitar. The less invasive, the better.

Most people are extremely adverse to cutting out chunks from their precious guitars, as they are afraid that the tone of the guitar might be affected.
Installing the battery pack externally requires us to cut out a hole on the side of your guitar.

Effectively, it's a give-and-take situation, a trade-off, so to speak.
If that little extra bit of convenience is paramount, and you don't mind cutting a little hole out of the side, then just bring it back to us. Charges wise, do enquire again at the shop.

If you don't want to sacrifice a piece of your guitar, then stick with having the battery-pack inside. Of which, is what I strongly recommend.
Anyway, you only need to change the battery every few months or so. You can always schedule the changing of the battery along with a change of strings.

Hope this helps.

;)

Hi,
I had a Iberia bought sometime back. Thinking of buying a new set of nylon strings for it, what kind of strings do u recommend on Iberia ??? Will hard tension be ok on it ??

Thanks

Hi Damien,

You can try the Savarez strings, plenty of professionals swear by them.

Alternatively, the Medina Artigas Cantatas are also very popular and priced very reasonably.

Hard tension will yield more projection, but it makes the guitar a little harder to play.
Medium tension will have less projection, but easier on the hands. It's really up to you.

You are very welcomed. Just drop us a note if there's anything else that we can help you with.

Hi, maestro has an online store at mymusicsg right? im just wondering why are they priced cheaper than the ones in the store? am i mistaken or is it true? Cos if it is, im wondering again, why?

Hi Einz,

Our prices on www.mymusic.sg are cheaper due to 2 reasons, firstly being that shipping charges are not reflected in those prices yet as it depends on the customer's location. Secondly, you are paying less for the convenience of buying online and thus the luxury of visiting the store and trying out the various products before you decide buying is not present. Hope that answers your questions.

Cheers,

Michael
Maestro Guitars

EJ-3C - Setup not satisfactory; Disappointing

Hi,

Heard tons of good things about Maestro guitars and finally decide to depart with my bonus to add one to my collection (of 1 guitar).:mrgreen:

Result is the EJ-3C; LAST PIECE, said the shop. And within a day, I was asked to pick it up. Impressive.

Unfortunately, the job done was not impressive, in fact, rather disappointing.

Disappoint 1: area around head-(bass string) nut has 2 'scars'... seemed like result of mishandling while fixing the nuts; shop says can fix... How? sand-paper it off and re-lacquer? God forbids... (I actually regretted paying in full now...)

Disappoint 2: 'G' string sounded dead compared to others; strings looked used as i can see stains on a few unliked those that have been tested before.

Disappoint 3: High 'E' string sounded particularly loud compared to others. It seemed like pick-up fault. But I thought everything should be set up correctly before passing on to customer?

Disappoint 4: Guitar tends to feedback (when sustained) when I played during show. Gotta get that 'rubber thing' to cover the hole. But is B-band really that good with maestro? I never had problems with Taylor 310 with fisherman at any settings... (sorry for this unfair comparison, i am rather disheartened... )

Disappoint 5: Low 'E' string buzzed at 3rd fret (and many others) even though I want it half step down in general. Set up problem, maybe?

Biggest dissappointment -> the guitar looked dirty and very 'raw'... did I say it was the last piece... ?

I nonetheless had to accept it as my show required it within the next hour. I had told the shop that I will bring the guitar back for your refinement. :(

At your mercy now... please help.

p.s: please have your shops provide specs for the pickup chosen. For the very uninformed and unskilled people like me, it is very much appreciated

Hi,

Heard tons of good things about Maestro guitars and finally decide to depart with my bonus to add one to my collection (of 1 guitar).:mrgreen:

Result is the EJ-3C; LAST PIECE, said the shop. And within a day, I was asked to pick it up. Impressive.

Unfortunately, the job done was not impressive, in fact, rather disappointing.

Disappoint 1: area around head-(bass string) nut has 2 'scars'... seemed like result of mishandling while fixing the nuts; shop says can fix... How? sand-paper it off and re-lacquer? God forbids... (I actually regretted paying in full now...)

Disappoint 2: 'G' string sounded dead compared to others; strings looked used as i can see stains on a few unliked those that have been tested before.

Disappoint 3: High 'E' string sounded particularly loud compared to others. It seemed like pick-up fault. But I thought everything should be set up correctly before passing on to customer?

Disappoint 4: Guitar tends to feedback (when sustained) when I played during show. Gotta get that 'rubber thing' to cover the hole. But is B-band really that good with maestro? I never had problems with Taylor 310 with fisherman at any settings... (sorry for this unfair comparison, i am rather disheartened... )

Disappoint 5: Low 'E' string buzzed at 3rd fret (and many others) even though I want it half step down in general. Set up problem, maybe?

Biggest dissappointment -> the guitar looked dirty and very 'raw'... did I say it was the last piece... ?

I nonetheless had to accept it as my show required it within the next hour. I had told the shop that I will bring the guitar back for your refinement. :(

At your mercy now... please help.

p.s: please have your shops provide specs for the pickup chosen. For the very uninformed and unskilled people like me, it is very much appreciated

hi,

sorry to hear about the imperfections found on the guitar. we will try to resolve it best as we can. the information on the bband pickups we carry are placed on the wall next to the counter if you have missed it. Any additional information can be found on the bband website. thank you for your continued support.

regards,
Isaiah

Hi,

I'm sorry you have had to endure an unpleasant experience with the EJ-3. Admittedly we may overlook certain details sometimes and we hope you can bear with us this one time and send your instrument back so we can rectify the problems highlighted.

Thank you for writing,

Kai-Chin
Technical Manager
Maestro Guitars
www.maestroguitars.com

Back