celebrity deathmatch.. ronin vs the suns!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fite or no fite, publicity stunt or not anyways I WONT be draw to it or any gig UNLESS I'm playing the gig .... so no big deal for me..

wow ok i know i'm late but gosh. i usually go down for gigs whenever i'm free, to check out local bands or to support bands i like, but i think i'm gonna pass on fgl's now.

how self-absorbed. geez...what a revolting comment.

again, sorry i'm so late in replying. i just had to express my surprise and disgust. :(

he replied on the other 98.7 thread. read it, form your own opinions, forget about it.

it would be fair to say that he's commenting on a non-issue. (there were no fights after all.)

thor666 said:
it would be fair to say that he's commenting on a non-issue. (there were no fights after all.)

actually it's not fair to say that he's commenting on a non-issue. the content of his statement states that regardless of whether a fight takes place or not, and regardless of the intentions of the parties' actions as publicity stunts or otherwise, he is disinterested unless he is playing the gig.

so in fact, he IS commenting on it because it is an issue, because he stated clearly in his comment that it holds regardless of whether there is a fight or not. "fite or no fite", remember? (it took me a while to figure out that he couldn't spell "fight", but i'm assuming that "fite"="fight" in this case)

but just to be sure, let's just hypothetically say you're right and it's a non-issue. his statement is no less valid just because a fight didn't take place. the fact remains that he stated he is disinterested unless he is playing the gig.

so issue or non-issue, i think the comment certainly reflects poorly on their general attitude towards supporting local music.

The explaination from FLG on the Gigs and Concerts forum does not retract, nor does it apologize for his comments, and quite frankly, i think it does FGL little credit for making statements in bad taste.

Also, the post on the 98.7fm thread in which FGL says that he was stating that SOT won't be swayed into attending gigs because of the publicity, is inaccurate. I hate to break it to FGL, but the statement he made was "Fite or no fite, publicity stunt or not anyways I WONT be draw to it or any gig UNLESS I'm playing the gig .... so no big deal for me..". which means that he's disinterested in attending gigs unless he's playing in it.

Perhaps FGL's intent was to say SOT isn't swayed by mere publicity, but unfortunately what FGL actually stated was that they aren't interested unless they're playing. regardless, FGL's statement deserves a retraction.

ninja read my new AND FGL CLEARS THE AIR THREAD ...should answer all your querie once and for all... 8)

i did. and let me show you the response i made to that thread, which you might have missed out in my post above.

serialninja said:
The explaination from FLG on the Gigs and Concerts forum does not retract, nor does it apologize for his comments, and quite frankly, i think it does FGL little credit for making statements in bad taste.

Perhaps FGL's intent was to say SOT isn't swayed by mere publicity, but unfortunately what FGL actually stated was that they aren't interested unless they're playing. regardless, FGL's statement deserves a retraction.

hmm well, read the pre-edited comment by roninriot as well.

i just tend to think forum talk is cheap. i know i'm interested in certain bands performing, I support them when they perform. I buy albums from local bands which i love, Padres and Observatory on my CD collection.

the idea that ronin + suns started the publicity stunt, FGL made a comment, and then Ronin Mgmt criticized back was equally as bad. I guess the crucial difference is that the Ronin Mgmt retracted their statement shortly after.

i guess I'm just not that interested in the whole saga.

Maybe I'm just tired of reading all the division and feuds on this forum to bother.

well like I said ... I have explained it all in my AND FGL CLEARS THE AIR THREAD with the intro of "I'm sorry if you misinterpretated it" line. I have not condemmed our flamed or abused any other forumites so why should my views be retracted?

read my thread again to really get my view... 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back