C.ronaldo to REAL.

Actually, they've made interest in Villa, Huntelaar, Valencia, Robben, Torres, Silva, Eto'o, Alexis Sanchez & Ribery!! That's a whole lot!

It's been almost a week since this news was announced and I didn't respond here until now cos I was too busy celebrating. FINALLY!!! Good riddance to bad Portugese rubbish! To be honest, I have not been a big fan of his since he first came to Man Utd. All I could see was this youngster doing step-over after step-over before giving the ball away. When he improved, I thought that finally he was coming of age. Boy, was I wrong. His open flirtation with Real season after season was too much for me. He refused to comment and commit, very unlike others like Rooney who pledged to play for Man Utd until he retires.

Fine, he should be allowed to go if he wants to. It's the manner how he left. Look at people like Beckham and very soon Tevez. Despite leaving the club, they will still be looked upon as heroes in the eyes of the Old Trafford faithfuls by the sure fact that it wasn't exactly their decision to leave. Believe me, Tevez can wear the blue of Man City next season but he will still be praised. Ronaldo, however, can be assured that he will not be treated as such.

It's good that he's leaving too...Man Utd has become a bit too reliant on him. When he starts to pout and throw tantrums, it really disrupts the rest of the team.

I couldn't agree with you more, Pujangga.

Ronny acts like a small boy who throws his tantrums about when his mommy refuses him a lollipop. And that rubbish that he did when he was substituted, Fergie still defended him saying he's young & ambitious & feels that he's fit to play in every single game.

I think someone should have reminded Ronny of that infamous 'boot-flying' incident that happened with Beckham. He should also have been warned that Fergie does not, did not & will not tolerate Utd players who start becoming too big-headed & think that they are above the club.

Well, Figo has already issued a warning to Real fans and Galaticos #2 saying that buying all the supposed best players in the world does not guarantee silverware.

As if it took a rocket scientist to figure that one out :mrgreen:

I think Ronaldo needs custom made tees to put it over his oversized head. Real Madrid won't prosper by buying him...hell, he'd probably fight with Kaka for the ball...and thank you for giving us (Man United) 80 million. We're gonna get so many more world class players for that money!

Haha! Yea he's definitely gonna need custom-made Real jerseys. :mrgreen:

Yeah, a famous footballer (can't seem to recall his name now, argh!), said that now that Ronny's packing his bags and on his way to sunny Spain, no longer is he gonna have excellent team-mates like Rooney & Tevez who will run into the ground, do all the hard work and yet leave all the glory for Ronaldo to savour & relish in.

Yeah, a famous footballer (can't seem to recall his name now, argh!), said that now that Ronny's packing his bags and on his way to sunny Spain, no longer is he gonna have excellent team-mates like Rooney & Tevez who will run into the ground, do all the hard work and yet leave all the glory for Ronaldo to savour & relish in.

Yup, agreed. Ronaldo will just sit there and complain after losing the ball. Currently, I dun see any player at Real that is a capable ball winner.

Ronaldo leaving is not the main point for me.The main thing was to secure Tevez on a long term which United have failed to do and im fairly disappointed.

His services and presences for the club will be none other.Hopefully Fergie gets someone who can cover up that gap Tevez has left for us.

If manu gets Robben, I think he will easily fill the void left by Ronaldo. Robben on his day is practically in a class of his own.

Agree with Dime too, I was really disappointed that Manu didnt secure Tevez earlier when he so desperately wanted manu to. But i think that prick Jiaroobkianan or however you spell his name had something to do with dissuading Tevez from staying.

Yea, i guess that's why Tevez eventually decided to move on from Man Utd. He too felt upset that he wasn't one of their "most wanted players". They took their grandmother's time signing him on as a permanent Utd player.

Tevez wanted first team football too which Fergie couldn't guarantee.

I'm sure he would get 1st team football over at Man City. :cool:

Either way, Tevez has been great for us & I really wish him all the best for the rest of his footballing career. :)

haha. if they sign eto'o.. they will have 4 class strikers. all whom are going to fight for a first team spot. santa cruz made a big mistake of signing for city imo.

Yeah, i agree. Roque should have given it more thought before signing for City.

Actually, I'd love to see Eto'o in a Utd jersey. :cool:

Actually, I'd love to see Eto'o in a Utd jersey. :cool:

me too! i really think eto'o is a fantastic striker. however, he's aging. i think we should buy someone below 25.

i hope we get benzema. aguero is really fantastic. i'd be happy with either. but aguero being too expensive, benzema would be a better choice.

although my wish would be to see torres in a man u shirt. highly unlikely though..

anyway, i have this feeling berbatov's gonna experience what tevez faced last season. being 3rd choice striker and having to warm the bench. cos if we purchase a world class forward, someone has to sit out. i doubt fergie will play them all.

DUDELOVE - I actually like Berba, though we all knew he had a bad rep of being a 'lazy' striker. He has improved at Man Utd tho & i think it's pretty evident. But that last penalty kick that he took with the most nonchalant of attitudes really put me off. I don't deny he's a great striker but his attitude sometimes is a little too laid-back, a character trait that both Rooney & Tevez have never heard of. And of cos my ginseng friend, Park.

Yea, Eto'o would be a delight to have. But i think he's been heavily linked with a City move. And yes, Benzema would be great for us. I'd like Robben too.

Last edited:
i know. i have this gut feeling berbatov will be scoring lots next season. like 20+ goals in the epl? its just a gut feeling though. i honestly wouldnt be very sore if man u dont purchase a striker. cos i believe rooney and berba are going to be fantastic next season. i'm quite excited actually. and i'm confident welbeck and macheda can fill in the gap whenever one's injured. its risky. but i think they have what it takes

we need world class wingers. robben is class man. but i'm still quite annoyed by the fact he got reina sent off when he theatrically fell when reina tapped his cheek. thats inhuman. hahaha

Oh yeah! Who can forget that infamous incident??

No denying both Roon & Berba are fantastic players but we will need a good enuff 3rd striker for when either of them are injured or need to be rested & right now, I just don't think Macheda is ready to fill such big shoes. He's still very young & I'm just not sure if he can handle the pressure that will be upon him.

Which is why Solskjaer was so good for Utd. He did not demand 1st team football & always had a positive influence on his mates & on the game whenever he came on as a 'super-sub'. Plus, he was a good striker.

Hopefully, we will be able to find someone like him.

Ai ya...whatever the reason was la...doesn't matter now what, cos he's gone, lone gone liao... It's in his best interest that he left Utd la.

imo, Tevez don't fit in Utd. Rather to join a lesser team and get the recognition he deserved than to be vying for attention at a major club.

I wonder how would Tevez do if he were to come Arsenal. Imagine a sturdy "Mascherano-like" figure in the midfield of Arsenal.

Back