British Bands

Anybody's here a fan of THE HOLY BIBLE by Manic Street Preachers..remembered fondly in 1998 when in uni when i had to asked my cousing to buy a copy in australia..when this album was still banned here...ya that was an anthemic dark album...

Other favourites SUEDE's DOG MAN STAR..i listen to it about 4 times repeating on my trusty CD player then ...guess i have a penchant for dark albums...

:wink:

Hahhaha... Dog Man Star is like my top 5 fave albums!!! :lol:

The Holy Bible kicks ass... all time fave MSP album. Did you get conned into buying the re-issue? :D

There is no way you guys can leave any of these out. (In no particular order) The Smiths, Morrissey, The Cure, Blur, Pulp, Suede, Manic Street Preachers, Supergrass, Happy Mondays, Beatles, Mansun, Shed Seven, Radiohead, Travis, Coldplay, Gene, The Divine Comedy, The Charlatans, Dodgy, Elastica, the Wonder Stuff, Cast, the Stone Roses, New Order, Primal Scream...

And lots more i cant think of now heh.

For newer bands Bloc Party, Kasabian and the Kaiser Chiefs are pretty rocking too :D

Anyone here into Heavenly? Or Teenage Fanclub?

Yeah, Suede has been one of the bands I love as well :p

Anyone here into THE SMITHS as well? they are my all time best british band ever...a sentiment shared by many especially music fans in the UK (other than the beatles). i can't seem to find much fans here in singapore :cry:
For beginners check out their album THE QUEEN IS DEAD...that stuck with me for a year..listening to it at least 4 times a day few years back...Johnny Marr's guitar playing is still sublime...coupled with Morrisey's achingly good vocals..and there u have it...

So any smiths fans? let me know! let me know! 8)

Me!! The Smiths are the forefathers of Brit indie music, and i think the only other duo of Morrissey and Marr's calibre are Butler and Anderson. Yup, its hard finding many fans of The Smiths and other early indie bands in S'pore. My fave is the Louder than Bombs compilation, and Morrissey's solo stuff is good S*#t too! :D :D :D

Hehe I keep wanting to go but somehow I always end up working (which is also why i havent managed to make it down to Bar None either :p). Yup, definitely want to make it to poptart sometime soon :D

Duske said:
Hehe I keep wanting to go but somehow I always end up working (which is also why i havent managed to make it down to Bar None either :p). Yup, definitely want to make it to poptart sometime soon :D

it might kill you to know that 2 acts for the past series covered the Smiths. The same song to boot!!! Phorous did a house version while Serenaide played it straight. 'There's A Light (That Never Goes Out)' :D

There's a couple of Poptart parties coming up soon. You can check our Newsbuzz updates or visit http://poptart.planetdreamx.com/ for details. The DJ collective usually spins after the RNDM gigs... goot fun for everyone... :D

Radiohead, coldplay, charlatans, the verve, manic street preachers, travis, beatles.. I luv British bands - they way they sing lazily.. awesome.

Pier.

Latest posts

Back