British Bands

Coxon

Just interested... anyone out there into (as in inspired and listen to lots of them!) in British bands in particular Coldplay, Athlete, Blur, Oasis, Suede and Keane etc (to name the more popular ones). Cos it seems most of the musicians on soft are really into technical stuff rather than the atmospheric music these bands produce (usually no shred involved and lots of political and social satire in their lyrics, which is what i love!). I'm a guitarist and (just recently) keyboardist inspired by Graham Coxon (i started 8 yrs ago cos of this song called "You're so Great") of Blur and Chris Martin of Coldplay respectively! Vocally i'm not great but i like the way the British handle their vocals. Just wanted to see how large the Brit scene here is! So post away if you're really into them!!

the only brit band (that carries the brit label) i really, truely adore is SUEDE... i think they're really cool... especially during bernard butler's times... well, old suede that is... :D

Dude, I love british bands man!

Stuff like Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, YardBirds, Queen, Deep Purple, Oasis, Pink Floyd, The Animals, Rolling Stones, The Who,etc,etc

And dun forget, the pioneers of metal- Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden. Both are from England.

stillwater said:
the only brit band (that carries the brit label) i really, truely adore is SUEDE... i think they're really cool... especially during bernard butler's times... well, old suede that is... :D

This might make you cream your pants, doode...

http://www.thetears.org/

tearsbio2.jpg

They are back. Poptart has been playing their new single, 'Refugees' at their events! :D

The rest of the classic rock bands are cool. No single band in the world has a streak of 6 great albums in a row other than Led Zeppelin, not even Radiohead... *Amnesia just din cut it for me... :cry: *

Blur! and The Who!
Song 2...although not many people can understand the lyrics without reffering to it, it's pretty good stuff. And My Generation is just catchy (bass solo!).

boss, you forgot about Lamb, The Darkness (Heh!), Pulp, My Bloody Valentine (but they are Irish right?), Joy Division (!!!), New Order...

Siang si kenneth tan?

yo deh.. super furry animals, the cure, mansun.. too many lah.. how to name all siah..

mogwai's scottish eh?

trueblue said:
dudes... how can you guys leave out MANIC STREET PREACHERS :eek:

oh yeah..

Culture sucks down words
Itemise loathing and feed yourself smiles
Organise your safe tribal war
Hurt maim kill and enslave the ghetto

Each day living out a lie
Life sold cheaply forever, ever, ever

Under neon loneliness motorcycle emptiness
Under neon loneliness motorcycle emptiness

hmm forgot about primal scream, happy mondays, charlatans, depeche mode..

I thought the Manics were fooken Welsh? Like Super Furry Animals lah... but SFA is me fave Welsh band now lah... :lol:

Latest posts

Back