Bridge Type

Which Bridge type do you prefer?

• Total voters
that'll be too late :(
oh well...my pacifica has a prob stayin in tune i think, or maybe i need a change of strings. i have no idea hahaha

Sometimes a guitar that isn't setup properly will have tuning problems, so you might want to try a full setup first. If not, then it might be time to replace your bridge and/or your tuners. I doubt its the strings if you're relying on a reputable string brand.

The tuners on my strat are Schaller F-heads. They are solid tuners which are non-locking. They have a rather stiff feel when tuned to standard E(gotta use quite a bit of force just to twist the machine head knob) which probably explains its ability to keep in tune.

I dont think i need to say anything about the Gotoh bridge on my strat, read above.

Btw i used to own an ibanez s470 with the zr trem, its also one of the best floyd variants i've ever owned. It stays in tune even when its in the hardcase and eliminates the need for necessary retuning right out of the case. A good floyd with a proper set up imo can stay in tune for a very long time, even when the guitar is unused.

The tuners on my strat are Schaller F-heads. They are solid tuners which are non-locking. They have a rather stiff feel when tuned to standard E(gotta use quite a bit of force just to twist the machine head knob) which probably explains its ability to keep in tune.

I dont think i need to say anything about the Gotoh bridge on my strat, read above.

Btw i used to own an ibanez s470 with the zr trem, its also one of the best floyd variants i've ever owned. It stays in tune even when its in the hardcase and eliminates the need for necessary retuning right out of the case. A good floyd with a proper set up imo can stay in tune for a very long time, even when the guitar is unused.

eh any idea where to get those tuners and how much they cost?

S470? A friend and former bandmate of mine has an S470 and he actually removed the locking nut. He brought it when jamming and he did some whammy stuff and it actually stayed in tune very well. Those ZRs are amazing. I dislike tremolos but if I have no choice, I'll choose a ZR tremolo.

Sorry for noob questions.

1st Question: What's the bridge on a Les Paul called?.

2nd & 3rd Question: What is a full setup? What does it do to your guitar?.

Last edited:
1) T.o.m/TOM bridge - Short form for Tunomatic

2) Neck relief, action, intonation, nut job(if applicable and according to what sort of string gauge the guitar will be using all the while)). These are the basic and within it, actually cover lotsa thingy, depending on what sort of guitars

setting up of instrument is a fine tuning process, to adjust different parameters for the best performance of the instrument, in order to serve the owner well.

if wanna find out more, can try here

http://www.google.com.sg/search?hl=en&q=setting+up+guitar+definition&meta=

Back